This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rage

Default Rage

I want to add Rage to my collection of King wonderfulness but have not found a copy that I have set on yet. Amazon has the Bachman Books: Rage/The Long Walk/Roadwork/ and The Running Man, maybe this is way to go. I have not read the story either, does anyone have any recommendations. A used copy shows up at $350.

Default Re: Rage

Seems like a no-brainer to pick up the Bachman unit...all 4 in one book...I did...it all worked out, got to read the stories, and that's good enough for me. Maybe a library could get you a copy if they don't have one on the shelf. There's a great line about Florida in Rage...tell me when you come across it.

Just keep checking on Ebay. Copies show up every once in a while there. Most are going for over $150, so be prepared to spend some cash if you really want a copy.

I have wanted one for a long time but I haven't been able to afford one. I have a dream of randomly finding one some day.

I had that dream about a Gunslinger 1st as well, before I finally broke down and paid for one.

Also, you should be able to obtain an original copy of 'The Bachman Books' omnibus that does contain 'Rage' for a good price (if you don't want an actual 1st printing hardback that is). You need to check at your local used book stores & thrift shops, my friend, you might be surprised at what you will find. I have found alot of copies of 'The Bachman Books' omnibus and even some of the original Bachman paperbacks. I once found an autographed (yes, it's really Steve's siggy!) hardback of 'Insomnia' in beautiful unread condition and paid $1.99 for it at a thrift store in a small town north of Seattle. I've always wondered how that book made it there.......

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    I have wanted one for a long time but I haven't been able to afford one. I have a dream of randomly finding one some day.

I had that dream about a Gunslinger 1st as well, before I finally broke down and paid for one.
    Shasta, I found a second printing from Grant that was an ex-library copy at a Value Village (thrift store) and paid $2.99 for it! It was in pretty decent shape. I took it home, cleaned it up and brought it back to life, so to speak. Yes, indeed, you can find treasures at thrift stores! You gotta go every week tho to score...........

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    Also, you should be able to obtain an original copy of 'The Bachman Books' omnibus that does contain 'Rage' for a good price (if you don't want an actual 1st printing hardback that is). You need to check at your local used book stores & thrift shops, my friend, you might be surprised at what you will find. I have found alot of copies of 'The Bachman Books' omnibus and even some of the original Bachman paperbacks. I once found an autographed (yes, it's really Steve's siggy!) hardback of 'Insomnia' in beautiful unread condition and paid $1.99 for it at a thrift store in a small town north of Seattle. I've always wondered how that book made it there.......
    By "found" did you really mean came to my house and stole it?

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    Shasta, I found a second printing from Grant that was an ex-library copy at a Value Village (thrift store) and paid $2.99 for it! It was in pretty decent shape. I took it home, cleaned it up and brought it back to life, so to speak. Yes, indeed, you can find treasures at thrift stores! You gotta go every week tho to score...........
    I need to move out of LA.

It takes me three to four hours every day to commute to and from work.

Then, the nearest used book store is an hour away, one way.

But when I move, it's ON!

I need to move out of LA.

It takes me three to four hours every day to commute to and from work.

Then, the nearest used book store is an hour away, one way.

But when I move, it's ON!
    There are alot of thrift stores and used bookstores in the Seattle area. I used to spend almost every Saturday going to them. I believe that the Goodwill in downtown Seattle is the largest one on the west coast. They always have lots of King books. In Portland there is Powell's Books (powellsbooks.com), I think there are two or three of those and the one in downtown takes up an entire city block! There is also a Goodwill close to downtown Portland that is organized like an actual bookstore and they even put Brodart covers on some of the books! If (and when) you do move up this way I would love, love, love to be your guide in all things books! You really do need to get the phuk out of LA, babe!! Come breath the crisp, clean air..........

By "found" did you really mean came to my house and stole it?
    Nah, I have the receipt to prove I bought it. I'm sure there is a wonderfully enticing story about how that book came to be at this particular thrift store in that small town north of Seattle tho.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast