Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Unmade screenplays

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: Unmade screenplays

Default Unmade screenplays

I was curious as to the number of screenplays that were never used that were written by Mr. King. As an example, I believe he had written a screenplay for "The Stand" early on that was never used; when he wrote the miniseries, I assume that wasn't the same one.

Is there a link with this information, or could Ms. Mod supply the information if it isn't difficult to find?

Just off the top of my head, I thought he wrote one for "Cujo," "The Dead Zone," "The Shining" (different from the one he eventually did for the miniseries) and a few stories in "Night Shift." Don't quote me, though, because I just don't know.

Default Re: Unmade screenplays

Rocky Wood is probably the best source for that. The only one that is immediately coming to mind that you haven't mentioned (and that's not a confirmation of what you have mentioned as I'd have to double-check) is "The Shotgunners."

He wrote one for Something Wicked This Way Comes, but I don't know if that was ever meant to be produced -- it may have just been an exercise in adapting a novel to a script. He also wrote one for Patrick McGrath's Asylum that wasn't used.

He told me he thought the one he did for Asylum was the best one he'd ever written.

hmmmm...complete, unused screenplays...sounds like a coffee table book(s) for the constant readers if i ever heard one

include 'em all...add some anecdotes...do it all for charity....seems to me y'gotta another winner !!

c'mon...you know you could....

....how about unmade beds....how many of THOSE has he had?....

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ....how about unmade beds....how many of THOSE has he had?....
    None that I know of (for many reasons!)--he has people for that.

Makes me wonder, though...about unfinished stories...like "Cannibals" that we were allowed to taste...and what the reason was for not finishing them, probably as many of those (reasons) as stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    None that I know of (for many reasons!)--he has people for that.
    ...and to lay out the King's special cereal spoon, peel oranges and buff his slippers....Oh my Gawd, the horror!.....

I read he also wrote a script for Poltergeist, but Spielberg didn't like it (or something like that...).