Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
"You know, the only thing that matters, is the ending."

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "You know, the only thing that matters, is the ending."

Default "You know, the only thing that matters, is the ending."

This movie is amazing and I have always loved this story. That being said I feel discussion should be raised about Mort Rainey. Did anyone not like this film? Anyone secretly hate Depp movies haha. One question to start things off, did Ted (the Ted that Amy left Mort for) know something when he said he was from "Shooter Bay?" I didnt think he was involved so was this just a coincidence?

Default Re: "You know, the only thing that matters, is the ending."

...only Frank seethes when "The Deppster" is mentioned...

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...only Frank seethes when "The Deppster" is mentioned...
    I'm sick of him.

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    I'm sick of him.
    I'm not!

I liked Secret Window a lot, personally. It's been too long since I saw it for me to remember one way or another about the Shooter's Bay reference.

As for Depp, I'm not tired of him at all, although I wish he'd start making fewer movies that involve him using weird makeup. And I've liked most of those movies (even Dark Shadows, which people mostly seem to have hated, but which I found to be a hoot); I just think we could use a bit less Captain Jack and a bit more Donnie Brasco, ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by bryantburnette View Post
    I liked Secret Window a lot, personally. It's been too long since I saw it for me to remember one way or another about the Shooter's Bay reference.

As for Depp, I'm not tired of him at all, although I wish he'd start making fewer movies that involve him using weird makeup. And I've liked most of those movies (even Dark Shadows, which people mostly seem to have hated, but which I found to be a hoot); I just think we could use a bit less Captain Jack and a bit more Donnie Brasco, ya know?
    I'm not tired of him. I'm sick of him, because he's younger, richer, and better looking than I am and all the ladies have convulsions because of him, and I'm sick of him.

I love Secret Window. I think what makes it so creepy is the complete ordinaryness of the beginning. The slow descent to madness. The ending. One of Johnny Depps shining moments. Never mind the stuff he does to make money. Secret Window is what he does to showcase his talent.

I completely agree here. The ordinariness of this film does add a lot to the characters mindset as we are unaware of the next move when dealing with someone of his nature. On that note, I find this "quiet" type of murderer much more interesting to follow than one that is loud and makes a big scene. I also agree with his shinning moment in the end, this is definitely a better Depp movie than Pirates ever could be. On another note that cabin that he lives in looks like my dream house. Tucked away in that beautiful landscape with nothing to distract the writing process...sounds like a dream come true.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGooch8494 View Post
    On another note that cabin that he lives in looks like my dream house. Tucked away in that beautiful landscape with nothing to distract the writing process...sounds like a dream come true.
    Certainly does sound like a nice place to live I agree there. And lazing around on a couch and not bothering to get dressed most of the time is another dream of mine too.

I loved Secret Window, watched it for about 10 times. And I also loved Johnny Depp in it, it actually was the first movie with him I ever saw, only later I started watching other movies with Depp. Now Johnny is one of my favorite actors, and I am glad he performed a part in a Stephen King movie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast