Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Children's Horror

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Children's Horror

Default Children's Horror

No children's horror movie favorite comes to mind except "The Bugs Bunny Halloween Special" lol. Horror comics are a favorite of most. Children's horror books exist in large numbers but do not really peak my interest for the most part. The reason I ask, aside from perhaps reading a suggestion from a member that I may have missed, is to recommend the cult TV series from the 70s and was produced in and aired from Toronto. If you can find the series on DVD or whatever it is the perfect comical learn horror show for kids and grown ups like me that are still a kid at heart. Also cool is the fact that 90 percent of the narrating horror figures of the sketches are played by the same actor, Billy Van. Great stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsaFDZfz8Lc

Default Re: Children's Horror

....children's horror comes from simply having to survive in this day & age...

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ....children's horror comes from simply having to survive in this day & age...
    & in fact in any day & age... (since the beginning of time) 'children's horror' comes from being small and powerless.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by Ayko View Post
    No children's horror movie favorite comes to mind except "The Bugs Bunny Halloween Special" lol.
    Ya know actually, Warner Brother's Loony Toons & Merry Melodies, while perhaps editing their Halloween and other specials to be geared down as it were, for children, were originally made for adults.
    And that Halloween special, if I recall correctly, it most often references Grimm's Fairy Tales, stories originally most definitely not for children...or a lot of adults for that matter
    Walt Disney's "Blackbeard's Ghost", with Peter Ustinov as Blackbeard (I loved that guy), was probably my first children's toasty ghosty with the mosty movie I was into, I mean yeah yeah sure, not what one might call horror, but then I was a kiddo with maybe a bit of a wee thing for Suzanne Pleshette...hey, when your like eight, them ssssmokin' hot older chicks can be justa lil' bit scary.

There was a Disney film, title no where here in my head, that had a banshee. She had the scariest scream. OOOOO goose bumps even today. Does anyone remember that one?

Quote Originally Posted by Haunted View Post
    There was a Disney film, title no where here in my head, that had a banshee. She had the scariest scream. OOOOO goose bumps even today. Does anyone remember that one?
    only one comes to mind- Darby O'Gill and The Little People??

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyman View Post
    ...that's the one...with a very young Sean Connery...

I think y'all may be right. The banshee was not a main character and I was not expecting her and that howling! AGH!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyman View Post
    Oh, I loved that movie despite how near the end it scared the crap out of me. They broadcast it on TV. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Then, later as an adult had a buried memory of the sequence I refer to reemerge for some reason and couldn't place it. Then I was browsing IMDb perhaps, noticed a description of this movie, something rang a subconscious bell, I purchased a used DVD copy, and sure as hell I'd found it.

I'm not sure if Darby is the Disney one Haunted recalls, but one Disney movie gave me nightmares, especially from some of these scenes...

Ah, I remember the Hilarious House of Frightenstein! Classic stuff.
    Every year our local library had a special Halloween night where they would read us scary short stories and then show us a short film. The one year they showed us the animated version of The Tell-Tale Heart. My brother and I had to walk home in the dark after that, great memories!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast