Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
What chance of a Synopsis and Teaser post in all threads?

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: What chance of a Synopsis and Teaser post in all threads?

Lightbulb What chance of a Synopsis and Teaser post in all threads?

I was just looking through some of the threads and noticed alot of them have or had(before the board went a bit weird) posts such as "Is this book any good" or "Is it worth it". It got me thinking, wouldn't it help alot of people with these type of questions, if there was a locked post in every thread for his Novels containing a synopsis, and the first chapter (or 1st section of the 1st chapter) as a kind of teaser? That way people may get an idea of wheather or not they want to go and buy it.

I know it would equate to a lot of hard work, but maybe people could volunteer to write them, I'd be willing to do one or two. Would Stephen or any publishers have an issue with anything like this?

Default Re: What chance of a Synopsis and Teaser post in all threads?

We've done that for a lot of his books already on the core portion of the site in the section titled The Library and many of them have audiobook samples. We could perhaps add a locked thread with the link to the appropriate page.

I work with a woman who has a beautiful head of "thread locks!"

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    We've done that for a lot of his books already on the core portion of the site in the section titled The Library and many of them have audiobook samples. We could perhaps add a locked thread with the link to the appropriate page.
    This works for me. If I want more information I do research. I also enjoy asking the members of the Board . . .it really is great talking about books with them and I enjoy the replies.
    Last edited by MadamMack; April 4th, 2013 at 10:47 PM.