Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Edmonton police have office space in schools.......

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edmonton police have office space in schools.......

Default Edmonton police have office space in schools.......

I love this idea. I like it when the police ride bikes in our neighbourhood during the summer months as well. I think this will help cut down on various crimes like drug selling and bullying.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2013/04/0...dmonton-police

Default Re: Edmonton police have office space in schools.......

Why is Canada so much smarter than America?

Lol....we are the quieter more restrained sibling of the family. You guys are the bubbly much loved golden chile.

Quote Originally Posted by staropeace View Post
    I love this idea. I like it when the police ride bikes in our neighbourhood during the summer months as well. I think this will help cut down on various crimes like drug selling and bullying.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2013/04/0...dmonton-police
    I could see the benefit of having cops in your neighborhood... then, on the other hand, I am reminded of an old saying... "show me your papers".

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    Why is Canada so much smarter than America?
    I will always love Canada... afterall, you gave us Rush!

why is it,that gun violence is so ridiculous in this country,opposed to Canada,or other countries with like gun laws?Saw a news article about this once,and there was no reason,but it seems people in the US are much more likely to shoot..

We are too polite lol. We, also, have very strict gun laws. Nobody can own a handgun unless one is in correctional services, military, police, fish n wildlife.,,,,,etc.

Quote Originally Posted by staropeace View Post
    We are too polite lol. We, also, have very strict gun laws. Nobody can own a handgun unless one is in correctional services, military, police, fish n wildlife.,,,,,etc.
    Star- when you come across the border into the US do you feel safe, as in: are you ever thinking about who you pass on the street might have a gun? Seems if I lived in Canada I would be thinking about this alot while visiting the US. The mindset is so totally different between out countries, and yet we share a border.

I haven't been in the states for a long time. We have gun controls, but the gangs here manage to get them, I could get caught in a crossfire here in Edmonton. When I grew up in Newfoundland, it did not occur to me to worry about things like this....hardly any crime. I went to New York and never gave it a minutes thought. I found the folks from there to be very friendly. I think I would be wary now though. I have never seen a handgun and I do not wish to see one. YIKES!

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    Star- when you come across the border into the US do you feel safe, as in: are you ever thinking about who you pass on the street might have a gun? Seems if I lived in Canada I would be thinking about this alot while visiting the US. The mindset is so totally different between out countries, and yet we share a border.
    When we came over last year I did. We were in Florida, and whilst waiting in a queue in a shop, I overheard people talking about a shooting on the 192 the day before. My mouth dropped open. It was road rage apparently, a woman shot someone. You could have told me my child was really an alien and was being taken back to his home planet and it would have been no less stunning to me. I think that's why I found driving over there so scarey, kept thinking "what if... what if?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast