Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
What makes you feel cozy?

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What makes you feel cozy?

Smile What makes you feel cozy?

For me, it would be a snow storm outside...or a rainstorm...and a warm bedroom inside. The bed looking very pretty with one of my mother's quilts on top and a bunch of soft pillows waiting for my head to lay upon. In Newfoundland, when I was a young lass, it would be a fire in the fireplace with the sound of the waves smashing against the shore. Now that I am a cowgirl type of person....just the winds off the prairies...just the feeling of being safe in this city of 1.5 million. The doors locked. The snowstorm coming. The cats inside and being happy and safe. My new cats after the death of my little man Hercules. All safe as the wind whips against the roof. Very loverly.

What makes you feel cozy?

Default Re: What makes you feel cozy?

Strangely enough, I feel cozy at sea in bad weather, sitting up in the wheelhouse with a cup of coffee. So long as I don't have to go out on deck...

Those moments when I lie down, shut my eyes, and all is well and all manner of things are well.

Just being in my home and feeling safe. Cup of coffee,a good King book to read and having my family home.

...raining outside, and I just slid under the blankets for my shut-eye...it's soothing...

I think my favorite is on a gray, rainy day, drips racing down all the windows, when the wind is howling, trying to break in but it can't, and I am inside tucked up with my dearest and something hot to drink and an old Agatha Christie book I've already read three times. And there's yeast bread in the oven. And I'm wearing fuzzy socks. And my big fluffy cat Whitey is curled up beside me.

Many things, but the first that comes to mind after reading others responses is walking by a body of water, preferably a nice winding river, in the rain. There's just something about being near water while it is raining that makes me feel at peace.

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

My ol' ratty raggy sooooo soft quilt on a feather bed with a sunbeam beamin' in the window on me hairy back would be ohhhhhh my word so perfezzzzzzzz...*HCK!*.. ahh jeez & jumpin' Jiminy Crickets I've turned into a freakin' cat?!?!?

When it is cold outside, my favorite furry socks. I will be very sad when they die.

Sitting inside my house looking at the rain outside makes me feel cozy. Just like I'm doing right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast