Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Struggling with this one

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Struggling with this one

Question Struggling with this one

I'm about 160 pages into Christine and for some reason I am just not getting into it. Is this SK blasphemy?

Default Re: Struggling with this one

Not at all, some books 'grab us' more than others.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Quote Originally Posted by Berry1980 View Post
    I'm about 160 pages into Christine and for some reason I am just not getting into it. Is this SK blasphemy?
    ...just NEVER, EVER turn your back on a Plymouth Fury...fair warning...

Quote Originally Posted by Berry1980 View Post
    Not at all. I read it once when it first came out and was disappointed and have never felt a need or urge to read it again.

I liked it when I read it years ago, but it's been a while since I've reread it. I remember that I did enjoy it at the time, but it's not in my top 5. There are people who love Lisey's Story but I didn't care for it at all.

No, it's okay. I just finished a re-read of Christine and loved it all over again....but then again, I'm not a fan of The Gunslinger, so go figure.
    I'd stick with it, though.....there are some really creepy parts to it that are in the last third of the story.

Sometimes I think you're not at the right point to enjoy some books. I've just re-read The Stand, after struggling through it years ago. I LOVED it this time round. Sometimes, when you come back to a book, it serves better second time round.

true that...it took several tries for me to 'get' into 'liseys story'...but in the end, i percervered, with some encouragement from alot around here...and came out loving it

i had to slog through 'insomnia', 'tommyknockers' and 'DT 5-6-7'...yet, i also feel the intense need to revist them, hoping i was just not in that frame of mind, as there are so many who love those books...

it's a to each his own kinda world...just relax and enjoy every sandwich

I do not fancy Lisey's story muchly. I did not fancy Christine muchly either. The subjects did not interest me, is all. The writing is always fine.

I love Christine, one of my top five... but it was the first SK book (at about 10) I read that started my love affair with his writing... so may be a bit biased?? It does pick up and get pretty intense over halfway through though . Everyone has an SK book or two that they initially struggle through... and I think the timing of reading certain books and what state of mind/life you are in at the time does make a difference! I myself struggled through both The Dark half and The Gunslinger, but now I can't put the DT books down!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast