This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 268 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: LeppLady's Ka-Tet Cantina

Default LeppLady's Ka-Tet Cantina

Evenin' all (well it is here). Had a wonderful day browsing book shops with my boy today. Kinda made me sad though. Still, in the "Best Sellers" are the 50 Shades of Sh1te books. And now, it seems, a depressing bunch of "spin off" books, all of the same ilk, trying to cash in on the "Bored Housewife" syndrome. All with snappy titles of 4 words or less, (presumably people who read this stuff can't manage sentences with more than 4 words in it). One caught my eye, "50 Shades of Bliss" a "how to" on pleasing your husband/significant other. Point by point. I was tempted to write my own, abridged version. 1. Put this book down. 2. Go to bed and have sex. 3. Stop buying this sh1ite".....

Posted by: Lepplady - November 30th, 2008

"The candles are lit, there's a fire burning quietly on the hearth, and there's hot chocolate fresh and hot all night. With marshmallows and sprinkles on the side. I've strolled through the office, and now I'm going to settle on one of the couches near the fireplace. I think we've got extra throw blankets in the cedar chest if anybody needs one."

Last edited by FlakeNoir; April 5th, 2013 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Edited at mustangclaire's request.

Default Re: The Ka-Tet Cantina

It will probably push you right over the edge to know that the author is planning a little how-to guide/journal thing to be published this summer.

I know, dear. I know. Shush now.

The Ka-Tet Cantina starts anew. Time to re decorate a little, throw open the patio doors and watch the trees bloom, flowers appear and the grass turn green again. Prepare the critter area too. I see the Llamas have come out to play. Buckwheat and Pyro will continue to come on Thursday, so watch for the warning sign in the window. Especially MsMod, who avoids all snakes.

Bean bags are set up in the corner as usual, so come join in the fun. Have a great weekend everyone!!!!

I wish that when we have to restart this Great Ka-Tet Cantina we could always post the very first post of the original thread from years ago. The one that was created by LeppLady . . .I think?

Madam, I do not have the original opening post of the Ka-tet Cantina, which Lepplady did start, but this was the first post by her when she started the social group of the same name.

Lepplady - November 30th, 2008
    The candles are lit, there's a fire burning quietly on the hearth, and there's hot chocolate fresh and hot all night. With marshmallows and sprinkles on the side. I've strolled through the office, and now I'm going to settle on one of the couches near the fireplace. I think we've got extra throw blankets in the cedar chest if anybody needs one.

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyman View Post
    Madam, I do not have the original opening post of the Ka-tet Cantina, which Lepplady did start, but this was the first post by her when she started the social group of the same name.

Lepplady - November 30th, 2008
    The candles are lit, there's a fire burning quietly on the hearth, and there's hot chocolate fresh and hot all night. With marshmallows and sprinkles on the side. I've strolled through the office, and now I'm going to settle on one of the couches near the fireplace. I think we've got extra throw blankets in the cedar chest if anybody needs one.
    Thank you Spidey . . .she deserves respect because she did create The Ka-Tet Cantina and it's the longest running thread in SKMB history.

I feel the thread should be named LeppLady's Ka-Tet Cantina . . .

Happy Friday! Hope all are well. I'm glad to be here ... thanks for the blankets, fireplace, and open patio. I'll add in throw pillows on the outside lanai furniture and arm chair floats for the swimming pool.

Quote Originally Posted by MadamMack View Post
    Thank you Spidey . . .she deserves respect because she did create The Ka-Tet Cantina and it's the longest running thread in SKMB history.

I feel the thread should be named LeppLady's Ka-Tet Cantina . . .
    Please do this as I really REALLY don't want this thread starting with my rant about poor quality books!!!!

Default Re: LeppLady's Ka-Tet Cantina

Thanks . . .I'm one bad . . .SHUT YO MOUTH girl!

Quote Originally Posted by mustangclaire View Post
    Please do this as I really REALLY don't want this thread starting with my rant about poor quality books!!!!
    Hi M.Claire,

I can't remove your post as the original message, but what I could do is put your post behind a spoiler and copy and paste LeppLady's original message (provided by Spidey) into your message box if you like? I've also changed the name of the thread.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Page 1 of 268 1231151101 ... LastLast