Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Who needs sleep anyhow?

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who needs sleep anyhow?

Default Who needs sleep anyhow?

I usually sleep the sleep of the innocent dead. I lay me down and that's it, I go to sleep. Here's the rub, once I wake up that's it. The old cogs start turning and all systems are go. I am awake and ready to roll.
    Here's another rub. I have a new kitty baby living with me now. He likes to purr in my ear. He likes to tackle my feet. He likes me. I like him too, as a matter of fact I love the little shaver. But I will not be getting much sleep for the next few months.... so who needs sleep anyhow?
    I was awakened this morning at about 3:30. I stayed in bed until about a quarter to 4 and then gave up the idea of getting back to sleep.
    Hopefully though, in a few days.... or weeks I'll have adjusted to being awakened in the itty bitty wee hours of the morning, and learn to work around it and go back to sleep. Humans are adaptable creatures.
    I used to have horrible bouts of insomnia and have worked that out so this too will pass.
    BTW.... and just so you know... the kitty baby is sound asleep in my bed now.
    What do you all do when you can't sleep?
    Last edited by Patricia A; April 11th, 2013 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Needed more dots.

Default Re: Who needs sleep anyhow?

My husband wakes at "silly o'clock".. He's often downstairs at 5am making tea, weekends/holidays/anytime. He has a cuppa then watches some boring tv. When I come downstairs later in the morning, he is asleep on the sofa. He swears blind that when he wakes up, he can't go back to sleep. When I point out he WAS asleep, he says he means in bed.
    I USED to go downstairs for a ciggy. Course I'm not doing that anymore. I, too, have bouts of insomnia. But they do pass.

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia A View Post
    I usually sleep the sleep of the innocent dead. I lay me down and that's it, I go to sleep. Here's the rub, once I wake up that's it. The old cogs start turning and all systems are go. I am awake and ready to roll.
    Here's another rub. I have a new kitty baby living with me now. He likes to purr in my ear. He likes to tackle my feet. He likes me. I like him too, as a matter of fact I love the little shaver. But I will not be getting much sleep for the next few months.... so who needs sleep anyhow?
    I was awakened this morning at about 3:30. I stayed in bed until about a quarter to 4 and then gave up the idea of getting back to sleep.
    Hopefully though, in a few days.... or weeks I'll have adjusted to being awakened in the itty bitty wee hours of the morning, and learn to work around it and go back to sleep. Humans are adaptable creatures.
    I used to have horrible bouts of insomnia and have worked that out so this too will pass.
    BTW.... and just so you know... the kitty baby is sound asleep in my bed now.
    What do you all do when you can't sleep?
    Me, well I'll wake up a cat, or three...and holy smokes you have no idea just how much coffee these fuzzbuckets can pound down in a day.

I had no sleep yesterday and for me was like walking in a fog. The older I get the more I need sleep to function.

Little kitties are so soft, cute and adorable we forgive them for their early rising. Full belly before bedtime may help. Mine are in the sleep all day cause it hot, and play all night mode. This shall pass, Pats. Take a "catnap" whenever you can.

I suffer pretty significantly from insomnia and also had serious troubles waking up. I used to just kind of lay there, willing myself to sleep, and fail, pretty spectacularly.

A week on anti-depressants, and I am wide awake when I wake up and fall asleep pretty easily. They've turned me into a morning person (I woke up at 4:30 today). It's obnoxious. :|

Ah, Patricia I can totally sympathize, as a long-time "early awakener" (and cat owner!)

I have read that people with housepets are far more likely to be awakened before they want to be!
    We used to try closing the door but then the cat would just sit outside and meow and scratch at the door. Finally what solved the problem was putting a baby-proof gate at the bottom and top of the steps, the cat can't come up and wake us up.

Anyway, even without the cat I often wake up way too early--sometimes as early as 2:30 AM. What I sometimes do is change sleeping locations: I go downstairs, have a banana or something bland, a nice cold glass of water, then I rest on the couch or the beanbag chair, and most of the time I am able to fall back asleep. This beats tossing and turning in bed all morning.

I am dog owner but also a good sleeper. I only wake up middle of the night if one of
    my dog start to bark for some reason. But usually I don't wake up if doggies sleep well too.

I don't get 'proper' sleep. I toss and turn and contort like a mad man when I sleep. It's like doing an endless loop of every yoga position imaginable for six hours straight.

Sometimes it is hard for me to fall asleep but I cannot imagine it different so... I don't mind.
    But it is even harder to stand up in the morning. I need several alarm clocks (4) to wake up and stay awake.
    Of course I am not a morning person and I need some coffee.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast