This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Thoughts on this one?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alberta,Canada
    Posts
    3,895

    Default Thoughts on this one?

    I am not sure how I feel about this one. Was it out of line or was it an innocent writing exercise? I feel for the Jewish people who were treated so awful during the war. What a strong group of people to survive the Holocaust and go on to live. So many families were killed. I do not know what to make of the writing assignment though. How do you feel?

    http://www.edmontonsun.com/2013/04/1...-jews-are-evil

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    i'm in the jailhouse now!
    Posts
    870

    Default Re: Thoughts on this one?

    I'm certain the students will never forget the experience and perhaps before it is all done they will be asked to write a persuasive paper on why the teacher should or should not be dunked in the pond. They should have been asked to write a paper about Uncle Bob who watches Fox News.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky
    Posts
    5,859

    Default Re: Thoughts on this one?

    Sounds interesting, sounded like it coulda had promise, if only that the practice of takin' a walk in another's shoes seems to be becoming a lost art, and maybe then on to so much more, like maybe gettin' a glimpse on how not to be a blind follower...or maybe ~gulp~ plant a charismatic psychopath seed.
    Hmm, but ya know somethin', nobody ever wonders a daggum thing about the Rom/Roma/Gypsies, and they're still, always, gettin' kicked in the teeth, but then since they're still roamin' around in their peculiar desert, I reckon it's just, why freakin' bother?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    820

    Default Re: Thoughts on this one?

    Quote Originally Posted by PatInTheHat View Post
    Sounds interesting, sounded like it coulda had promise, if only that the practice of takin' a walk in another's shoes seems to be becoming a lost art, and maybe then on to so much more, like maybe gettin' a glimpse on how not to be a blind follower...or maybe ~gulp~ plant a charismatic psychopath seed.
    Hmm, but ya know somethin', nobody ever wonders a daggum thing about the Rom/Roma/Gypsies, and they're still, always, gettin' kicked in the teeth, but then since they're still roamin' around in their peculiar desert, I reckon it's just, why freakin' bother?

    It's the horrible truth. Around half a million Gypsies died at the hands of the Nazis during WWII, mostly at Auschwitz.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    i'm in the jailhouse now!
    Posts
    870

    Default Re: Thoughts on this one?

    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...hare%20Buttons

    Seems to go hand-in-hand w/the OP story

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cambridge, Ohio
    Posts
    17,667

    Default Re: Thoughts on this one?

    ...I just don't understand anymore...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    174

    Default Re: Thoughts on this one?

    Staropeace, thank you for posting this link.

    One has to ask if there weren't any real live adults around when this lesson "plan" was being put together.

    Bravo to the students who refused to complete the assignment.

    The superintendent said the assignment was meant to be an academic exercise that was part of the district’s new curriculum, which stresses argumentative writing and connects English with history. However, she said the assignment was offensive.

    Someone needed to put on their thinking cap and come up with some other way to stress argumentative writing and connect English with history.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky
    Posts
    5,859

    Default Re: Thoughts on this one?

    Quote Originally Posted by nygene40 View Post
    Staropeace, thank you for posting this link.

    One has to ask if there weren't any real live adults around when this lesson "plan" was being put together.

    Bravo to the students who refused to complete the assignment.

    The superintendent said the assignment was meant to be an academic exercise that was part of the district’s new curriculum, which stresses argumentative writing and connects English with history. However, she said the assignment was offensive.

    Someone needed to put on their thinking cap and come up with some other way to stress argumentative writing and connect English with history.
    Why, what exactly is wrong with that for subject matter, pretty monster freakin' big time important historical with loooooads of reference material, not to mention just plain ol' good fashioned important, you know, besides just historically as a footnote...hmm, of course the superintendent's description says nothing about it's stressing the importance to critical nor cognizant thinking, especially for one's own self, so um, is it then quite possibly a libtard nazi socialistic commie pinko indoctrination plot to brain wash our youth?...hmmmmmmmm

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    174

    Default Re: Thoughts on this one?

    Quote Originally Posted by PatInTheHat View Post
    Why, what exactly is wrong with that for subject matter, pretty monster freakin' big time important historical with loooooads of reference material, not to mention just plain ol' good fashioned important, you know, besides just historically as a footnote...hmm, of course the superintendent's description says nothing about it's stressing the importance to critical nor cognizant thinking, especially for one's own self, so um, is it then quite possibly a libtard nazi socialistic commie pinko indoctrination plot to brain wash our youth?...hmmmmmmmm
    What?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky
    Posts
    5,859

    Default Re: Thoughts on this one?

    Quote Originally Posted by nygene40 View Post
    What?
    Really?...Well I might be a half crippled up four eyed fat of an ol' smelly geezer, but I think I can still manage type it out real slow for ya...
    W h y - , - w h a t - e x a c t l y - i s - w r o n g - w i t h - t h a t - f o r - s u b j e c t - m a t t e r?
    Can ya dig me now, or is English not your first language, I mean there's folks on here, the real nice folks, that could maybe help you with that parlez vous'in hablo ingles palaverin' type stuff ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •