This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Day 1

from modesto, california, now in knoxville, tennessee

Post Day 1

Good Morning, all. I hope everyone is having a great morning so far. I haven't been to bed in over a day now, actually. I know I have been acting very sad and such for a good while now and I think I know why finally. I know God loves us all and is forgiving but I think I have had the wrong idea about him. I mean just look at some of my posts. You can see where I was afraid of going to hell over something stupid. Well, today I decided to start my 40 day journey by reading a chapter daily from Rick Warren's purpose driven life. In the book it is explained that we will find our purpose here on life as God had made us and made it for us. I hope to be closer to God by the end of this journey and I hope to be more happy and see more of the light he is trying to open my eyes to more than ever. The first chapter (day) covers the subject that we were created for HIM and not the other way around. Um. It is kind of hard to swallow the thought that my purpose in life may not be what I want it to be but then again, it wasn't me that created the heavens, the earth, the universe, and everything (and everyone) else. Yes, it is hard to face the facts that I might not achieve my dreams and goals while I am here, but I have just started my journey. I still have 39 more days to go. I hope that this journey will help me realize that I don't need to be a famous rockstar to be someone. I am putting my trust in God. I am surrendering and letting him take over and I'm gonna see where this leads me. I will be updating every day and giving a personal summary and thoughts of this campaign and I hope it'll resolve some very harsh issues I have been dealing with.

Default Re: Day 1

Dave, I'm going to ask that you post each new 'day' into this thread instead of beginning a new one for each of the remaining 39 days. If you'd like me to change the thread title to better reflect your journey, I would be happy to do that for you.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

great- or you could try following the supersize challenge or the atkins diet and get just as much out of it - or the church of jim carey- and say yes to everything people suggest.

maybe give up the big fella for 40 days and see if you feel any better- sounds like you carry a big burden. call it a sabbaticle of faith- and see if you do actually get struck down by all the dirty thoughts!

Sometimes I reckon folks get far to wrapped up in their faith- all this fear about going to hell and $hit...bah fooey this is 2013 not 1513

LIVE LIFE-DONT FEAR IT DUDE!

sheemie...(shakes head...woefully)...sheemie - sheemie - sheemie....

really ????

rain on many parades today ?

a journey of a thousand steps usually doesn't start with some fool kicking out the legs of the traveler

YOU GO, DAVE...ANY ATTEMPT AT BETTERING YOURSELF...THAT YOU CHOSE...IS BETTER THAN LISTENING TO THE VOICES OF HATE

good luck and godspeed...
    Last edited by guido tkp; April 13th, 2013 at 11:49 PM.

...one step begins the journey...god speed traveler...

Quote Originally Posted by guido tkp View Post
    sheemie...(shakes head...woefully)...sheemie - sheemie - sheemie....

really ????

rain on many parades today ?

a journey of a thousand steps usually doesn't start with some fool kicking out the legs of the traveler

YOU GO, DAVE...ANY ATTEMPT AT BETTERING YOURSELF...THAT YOU CHOSE...IS BETTER THAN LISTENING TO THE VOICES OF HATE

good luck and godspeed...
    And their is always someone that wants to turn it a notch ...get a life! (whats with your highlight?)

I wish him all the best- and not one word was written in HATE

all i am saying is it was the good book that got him into the trouble he now faces- so the last thing he needs now is a self help book on how to serve his faith better.

dont bother replying guido tkp- i dropped by in here by mistake, and was warned away from the site for just this reason.

far too many of these people in the world today-
    and i am getting very concerned.

good day to you sir
    sheemus p WTF!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	007MST_Marcia_Gay_Harden_007.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	17377

People can decide to read or ignore threads (or individual posts even) if they don't appeal for whatever reason. There is no need for the personal attacks we've been seeing so often in recent days.
    Sometimes it is best to do a little bit of this when we feel that 'nasty' bubbling up. (This is a general comment in response to the overall tone coming through in many posts over the last couple of days)
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

ummm..the highlight, dear sheemie, had as much to do with the wide variety of voices that have plagued dave for sometime now...

he has, through a variety of posts all over this place, talked pretty endlessly about those who judge and belittle him...

i'd find it hard to believe that, upon entering his thoughts on how he wishes to make his faith stronger...that your post, somehow was a huge comfort...especially since it kinda attacked where he was at...but i could easily be wrong.

if so...please accept my apologies

...in the mean time...hey, dave......how was day 2 ???

inquiring minds want to know !
    Last edited by guido tkp; April 15th, 2013 at 02:57 AM.

from modesto, california, now in knoxville, tennessee

Exclamation Dang It!

Yesterday my family had a HUGE fight and I did some things I regret (smashed a glass door) and left for awhile and now have sun poisoning. I didn't get a chance to read my 2nd lesson from the purpose driven life so now I gotta start all over. Crap.

I'm always interested in a; joining a conversation mid-way and b;people who have a good point but express it gratingly (cough cough)....so here I am! Good luck to you, Dave.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast