Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Why people doing this??

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why people doing this??

Angry Why people doing this??

I don't understand why people throw trash out in the nature. At the road where I live and where I am
    out and walk with my doggies are a lot of trash right now. On both side of the road in the ditch are
    bottles, papers, empty cigarette boxes, boxes from McDonald's etc etc..... it makes me so angry to
    see how people destroy our environment by throwing trash. If you decide that you want to eat something
    in the car, you just don't have to throw it out after you ready. Take the empty boxes, bottle whatever home
    or to the nearest trash can and put it there. Our nature looks better and we don't have to see what each people
    have drink, eat or smoke. I don't think our heavenly father create this earth, so we could throwing trash around us, he
    create this earth so we take care of it. Just my opinion. Feel free to say if you disagree.

Default Re: Why people doing this??

Because people suck.

I agree. It really bothers me too. I was jogging on the beach yesterday and someone had thrown a box of empty beer bottles up on the curb and some had broken. All I could think of was how much disgust I had for that person. Think of all the bare little feet (people and animals) that endangers just because you are lazy. Don't like it.

I don't understand it either. I tell myself it's just a few bad apples. I grew up on a busy street and every week it was part of my chores to clean up all the litter that people had thrown out their windows and landed in our front yard. I also call people out if I see them littering--I've gotten mostly blank stares.

It's a worldwide issue, Johanna. Being rural, many "city" folk will drive out here and dump a weeks trash in the woods. Plastic that birds and other wildlife can get caught in and die. It happens in the gulf waters and many rivers too. Nature gives us life- and humans litter it with no respect.

Plastic bags are also a huge problem when they get into the ocean, because sea turtles mistake them for jellyfish and eat them. Sometimes they die as a result.

Is it "more difficult" for people to dispose of their trash? I've noticed that when a village institutes some form of bag-system, trash is dumped where it should not be dumped. By "bag-system" I mean people must purchase a certain kind of bag, this as a way of funding trash pickup. So businesses w/dumpsters see an influx of trash from others. Or, those dead-end roads become convenient places for others to deposit their refuse. Same goes for all the old railroad beds around here. It was not uncommon to see white goods (washers, dryers, refrigerators) dumped over the side of the hill. In the not-to-distant past, someone threw an old box-spring into the gulley up above our house. The box-spring fell to the bottom of the gulley where an old culvert was located and it made a terrific dam and when the snow-melt happened, the gulley filled w/water (we're getting snow again today, still better than two feet on the ground, more where it is piled) and that water threatened to flood the homes below the hill...if the fill the railroad/mining company had used to level the grade had washed away.

Then...a few years ago, scrap metal prices climbed and people were picking up that waste that had been deposited through the years.

Too...around the old homes, people threw their "trash" outside, usually in a convenient hole. One can now prospect for old bottles (the type that used a cork) and other assorted detritus. Excavating for a garage, we found a treasure trove of old medicine bottles. Many of these fetch top-dollar among collectors.

Other times, those who have thrown their trash where it should not be tossed have been tracked down after discovery of envelopes w/their name/address.

I've been out and about poking around in the bush, take a break, stand and admire the scenery, and think to myself...I might be the first person to stand on this very spot. Then I notice a rusty can half buried in the leaves. Another time, fishing a stream way back in the woods, I noticed an old clay jug in the water. Still have it on the shelf.

I forgot to tell, when I was in elementary school, we had a trash picking day once in a year. All kids in my
    school was given a plastic bag, then we go outside and pick up all trash around the school and area near the school
    I remember that no one of us liked it, but now when I think afterwards we really did a good job.

I also hate when people throw out food from the car window. Latest this morning when I was out and walk with the doggies
    they ate a spoiled hamburger. I thought they just want to sniff and stopped, when I turn my head to see what they're doing
    the hamburger was already in their mouth. To late even if I tried to take it from them.

Too many dumb people in the world jojo..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast