Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Just saying..........

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just saying..........

Default Just saying..........

Because Marsha is gone, the new moderators have their hands full doing a job that is fairly new to them. They are doing this free out of love for the board. I wonder if we can refrain from arguing and throwing personal barbs and name calling while they are working so hard. I think that sometimes we forget ourselves when trying to support our views. The point of a debate is to state your opinion and then back it up with evidence. If you can do that, then you had your say and that is all to the good. Some folks will agree....others will not. That is why it is a debate.

Now I wish I could give the budding new moderators a nice cold mug of Moosehead beer but they are too far away. I can say thank you, though. We appreciate being able to post instead of the board having to shut down during vacation time. Love you guys!

Default Re: Just saying..........

Thank you Staro, it does get tricky knowing exactly when to step in.
    "You've been here before, but things are about to change. I know it. I feel it. There's a storm on the way." -- Stephen King

On the internet properties I own or admin for, new Mods are immediately thrown into the most brutal hotspot I can find. Sink or swim. The only advice I give is "Make sure you're clicking the QUOTE button, not the EDIT button!"

It also gets hard because we're people too, so we have an opinion also. But, seeing as how this place belongs to the SK community, we try to be fair to all sides and allow posts that we don't agree with. And then you try to give everyone a chance to have their say (which doesn't always happen before something gets shut down.)
    "You've been here before, but things are about to change. I know it. I feel it. There's a storm on the way." -- Stephen King

Well said Staro-- in this fast paced technological world we often forget to step back and allow others to have their say..... Then agree to disagree.
    The moderators are doing a fantastic job. Some of us older members recall posts only from 9 to 5 M-F/ no threads, no forums, no socials. The SK community grew and expanded to where it is today. Just because the cat (our dear MsMod) is away does not mean the mice (us) must play. Let us remain a strong Ka-Tet and partake of being like Pooh-- who just is. Love and green lights!!

I give the itchy delete finger award to all those who are doing the mods job of support.
    Last edited by arista; April 25th, 2013 at 02:51 PM. Reason: more to say

Thank you for moderating the board!

Since simple musings of mine, mostly respectful but often controversial and against the common group-think, in current hot topic type subjects seems to bring out the worst in some people here as of late... I’ll fall on my sword in order to make our Mod’s job less stressful.

I'm willing to guess I'm one of the people this is directed at. And I do have to say that we have always debated on this board. So, I agree and don't agree. Though I do think being condescending and mean is uncalled for and always has been. (And yes, I've done this then felt bad and apologized.)

I've been thinking about taking a break from the board anyone so I think now might be the perfect time, though I promised Sunny I wouldn't so now I'm between a rock and a hard place.

I'm going to have to go PM miss Sunny and see her thoughts.

Thanks for all your hard work, mods!

Okay, so Sunny's not allowing me to leave. It's official. So no one else is allowed to leave either. (You know who you are..... )

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast