Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
filming locations - Silver Bullet

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: filming locations - Silver Bullet

Default filming locations - Silver Bullet

Hello all, longtime fan of King's, brand new message board member with a question maybe some of you can help me out with.

I'm going to be in Wilmington, NC for a comedy festival next week and was hoping to check out some of the filming locations of Silver Bullet while I'm there cause I'm a giant nerd.

The only two locations I've been able to find online are the lake Marty shoots the fireworks off the bridge (the kite scene was filmed nearby) and the Tarker's Mill Festival (courthouse square, Burgaw, NC).

I was wondering if there was a resource that might know of other, more specific locations (the covered bridge, Marty's home, etc).

I'm not looking to bother any homeowners or trespass or anything, just thought it might be a fun way to spend a day or two driving around.

Any suggestions you might have would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Default Re: filming locations - Silver Bullet

I'm sorry but Ms. Mod (Stephen's personal assistant) is on vacation and won't be back until May 1st. Maybe someone else here on the board can help you out with this one?
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Night Flier, Maximum Overdrive and Cat's Eye were all filmed at least partially in Wilmington, too. I don't know anything about specific locations for anything that wasn't filmed on a sound stage, though.

....a Busey pilgrimage!!!!!!....

...now tell me YOU remember where I put the beer cooler?!...

By the way, Under the Dome is filming there now. You might stumble upon them!

http://www.examiner.com/article/step...ks-many-extras

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    By the way, Under the Dome is filming there now. You might stumble upon them!

http://www.examiner.com/article/step...ks-many-extras
    Thanks for checking in Bev--you're my super-duper information guy!

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I think I read that Firestarter was filmed not too far outside Wilmington as well. Might just bum around and see what I can see. Definitely gonna hit up the Burgaw courthouse square and bridge. I'll post some pics if I get anything worth a damn. Take care!

Quote Originally Posted by LFulford2 View Post
    Thanks for the replies, everyone. I think I read that Firestarter was filmed not too far outside Wilmington as well. Might just bum around and see what I can see. Definitely gonna hit up the Burgaw courthouse square and bridge. I'll post some pics if I get anything worth a damn. Take care!
    Hope you enjoy your trip, yes please to the photos.

Hey, I'm pretty lazy so I just uploaded the videos last night. It was really cool to be there.
    Last edited by Moderator; July 8th, 2013 at 07:52 AM. Reason: deleted links--self-promotion

Quote Originally Posted by LFulford2 View Post
    Hey, I'm pretty lazy so I just uploaded the videos last night. It was really cool to be there.
    Sorry, but had to delete the links to the videos because of your plug to buy your t-shirts. We don't allow that type of self-promotion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast