Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Special Prom

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Special Prom

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Default Special Prom

Good for these kids. It's really hard to believe that there are still schools that won't have a prom if it has to be integrated.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/30/living...html?hpt=hp_t1

Default Re: Special Prom

Congrats to all these students. I saw some of the "parental" interviews and was left speechless by their archaic thinking about race/ethnicity. Congrats to those who see beyond that way of thinking!!

I am absolutely gobsmacked. I had no idea that anything like this could still exist in the America of today. The quickest way to anger me is to tell me that somebody can't do something or go somewhere because of the colour of their skin or the shape of their eyes or the language that they speak... it offends me to the very core.

I am so glad that the children have taken it upon themselves to try to make a change--and as somebody else here recently said: "It all starts with the children." (I may not have that quite correct)
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeNoir View Post
    I am absolutely gobsmacked. I had no idea that anything like this could still exist in the America of today.
    It still goes on . . .

no way, MM...

nuh -uh...doesn't happen...it's all an illusoin...created by the lefties...and the media....to take away our guns...

Quote Originally Posted by MadamMack View Post
    It still goes on . . .
    It breaks my heart... and makes me angry.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Good evening.

I am a person of color.

I am going to sit down and shut up.

(Otherwise, I am going to throw a major chit fit OR break down and weep.) (Or both.)

Peace.

sig...in reality..we are all people of color...too bad so many have never 'got' that

be mad, you should...i got your back...i will cheer you on

but please never, ever sit down and shut up

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeNoir View Post
    I am absolutely gobsmacked. I had no idea that anything like this could still exist in the America of today. The quickest way to anger me is to tell me that somebody can't do something or go somewhere because of the colour of their skin or the shape of their eyes or the language that they speak... it offends me to the very core.

I am so glad that the children have taken it upon themselves to try to make a change--and as somebody else here recently said: "It all starts with the children." (I may not have that quite correct)
    Friend, in my relatively short lifetime, I've driven through Sundown Towns. The signs are all gone now, but the same people still live in them.

it is sad...as a middle aged white guy...i have no doubts believing what some are still going thru/having to put up with because i get to see, up close and personal, how some white people act when they think they are in safe company...

i've stated this a thousand times in some of the political posts, and been lambasted every time by the far right crowd, but racism is not nearly as dead as they would like america to believe...and the candidacy and election of obama has done nothing but inflame it for some

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast