This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dragon!

Default Dragon!

I'm breaking in my dragon speech recognition system. I like it a lot, but I still have a lot to figure out about using it. Like all those punctiation marks. I think there's automatic commas and periods, but I think I have to say all the rest.
    Kind of funny, I got a call while I was working and forgot to put the mic to sleep. I did take the head set off, though, so I didn't think it would hear me. It did. It typed my whole conversation with my kid.
    That's kind of inspiring, though. That means I don't have to be sitting here with the headset on.
    Pretty cool. I can be writing and sewing tabi at the same time. Or painting. I like it.

Anybody else got this thing?

Default Re: Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by not_nadine View Post
    Dragon is software which writes what you speak, or speech-recognition software.

Can we nickname it Niner?

Quote Originally Posted by Lepplady View Post
    I'm breaking in my dragon speech recognition system. I like it a lot, but I still have a lot to figure out about using it. Like all those punctiation marks. I think there's automatic commas and periods, but I think I have to say all the rest.
    Kind of funny, I got a call while I was working and forgot to put the mic to sleep. I did take the head set off, though, so I didn't think it would hear me. It did. It typed my whole conversation with my kid.
    That's kind of inspiring, though. That means I don't have to be sitting here with the headset on.
    Pretty cool. I can be writing and sewing tabi at the same time. Or painting. I like it.

Anybody else got this thing?
    Keep us posted. I have plans to buy the program.

I got this as a Christmas gift and have yet to install it. Looking forward to seeing what you think of it Lepp.

My thoughts on Dragon... I used version 11.5 for a few things, and it helped for those things, but I hated it. I reinstalled the blasted thing half a dozen times last year because it kept crashing to desktop and corrupting my savestates, and even the backup saves couldn't restore it. Which meant that I had to re-train it half a dozen times.

Finally, I said Screw it and pirated version 10 (several versions old), and it not only lets me add or remove any word or phrase I want (the new versions won't), but runs much faster. And, while it has crashed a few times, it hasn't yet corrupted my saved data.

Oh, and Dragon can conflict with Windows' CTFMON, as well.
    Last edited by Sepia and Dust; April 30th, 2013 at 11:34 PM.

I can already tell you I love it. It hasn't crashed on me (knock wood) and it does let me add whatever words and phrases I want. It's kind of weird to have to say punctuation (comma) but otherwise, I have no complaints. I say "save document" and it does. I do go behind it after a few paragraphs and save manually, just in case. But so far, it hasn't done anything twitchy.
    Then again, the only thing I use it for, the only reason I got it, is to type in my Word document (my book) while I speak. I don't use it for email or anything else.
    Well, I did post to FB with it once. Worked fine.
    I just wanted to free up my hands so I can do two things at once, and it does exactly that.
    So far, so good.

Maybe you can teach it the punctuation like this man uses?

....breaking in my dragon...now there's a phrase you don't expect to see...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast