This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Problem with Logging In

Default Problem with Logging In

I have this problem for about a month, but so far I thought there was something wrong with my computer at work, but now I see it is not. I cannot log in from any computer but this one that I am using right now (here I just pushed "remember me" the first time I logged in, and since then have not log out, so I come here automatically), but I cannot log in from other computers. I write my name and password, push "enter", but after the page is downloaded I am still not logged in. Could someone tell me what could be a problem?

Default Re: Problem with Logging In

I was having the same trouble off and on after they revamped the site. Some days I'd log on first try, others it took me 3 or 4 tries before it worked. Someone somewhere in another thread helped me but for the life of me I can't remember what I did to make it work! Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Lina View Post
    I have this problem for about a month, but so far I thought there was something wrong with my computer at work, but now I see it is not. I cannot log in from any computer but this one that I am using right now (here I just pushed "remember me" the first time I logged in, and since then have not log out, so I come here automatically), but I cannot log in from other computers. I write my name and password, push "enter", but after the page is downloaded I am still not logged in. Could someone tell me what could be a problem?
    When you're logging in, are you arriving at the site via your bookmarks/saved favourites? Some time ago there was a board upgrade, so essentially you would have to make sure that you're using the newest available web address to have proper access to the site.
    You could try a Google search for StephenKing.com and follow the links to the message board area, this would give you the updated address. (& then save that to your bookmarked pages)

* Also try clearing your cache.

If this doesn't work, then maybe private message Jordan.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Quote Originally Posted by Lina View Post
    I have this problem for about a month, but so far I thought there was something wrong with my computer at work, but now I see it is not. I cannot log in from any computer but this one that I am using right now....
    How many other computers have you tried? If it's just the one at work, then they may not allow cookies to be saved on the computer, or they may have the dns for this site blocked. Your best bet in any event is to follow Flake's advice--clear your work computer's cache and Google "Stephen King Message Board".

If that lets you in, then great. If not, then it'll give us more information to work with. It's also helpful to state which operating system and browser your work computer uses. Also, any ad-blocking software you use at work should be noted.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help! Coming here from the site has helped me to log on this time... though I thought I tried it before, but it never worked....Well, this time it worked. Thank you!

...problems logging?...perhaps this will help...

...then again, if I'd just read the title a little closer.....derp!...

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post

...then again, if I'd just read the title a little closer.....derp!...

Can I borrow that GNTLGNT? Have some branches need trimming.

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyman View Post
    Can I borrow that GNTLGNT? Have some branches need trimming.
    ...I'll get 'er gassed up fer ya...

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post

Sign on the local saw shop back in Texas: Why spend all day cutting firewood? Just Stihl it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sepia and Dust View Post
    Sign on the local saw shop back in Texas: Why spend all day cutting firewood? Just Stihl it!
    ...one of my favorites near here...posted on the signage for a radiator repair shop..."A Great Place To Take A Leak"....

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast