This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 58

Thread: Problem with Logging In

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,287

    Default Problem with Logging In

    I have this problem for about a month, but so far I thought there was something wrong with my computer at work, but now I see it is not. I cannot log in from any computer but this one that I am using right now (here I just pushed "remember me" the first time I logged in, and since then have not log out, so I come here automatically), but I cannot log in from other computers. I write my name and password, push "enter", but after the page is downloaded I am still not logged in. Could someone tell me what could be a problem?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    northern wisconsin
    Posts
    850

    Default Re: Problem with Logging In

    I was having the same trouble off and on after they revamped the site. Some days I'd log on first try, others it took me 3 or 4 tries before it worked. Someone somewhere in another thread helped me but for the life of me I can't remember what I did to make it work! Sorry!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    3,901

    Default Re: Problem with Logging In

    Quote Originally Posted by Lina View Post
    I have this problem for about a month, but so far I thought there was something wrong with my computer at work, but now I see it is not. I cannot log in from any computer but this one that I am using right now (here I just pushed "remember me" the first time I logged in, and since then have not log out, so I come here automatically), but I cannot log in from other computers. I write my name and password, push "enter", but after the page is downloaded I am still not logged in. Could someone tell me what could be a problem?
    When you're logging in, are you arriving at the site via your bookmarks/saved favourites? Some time ago there was a board upgrade, so essentially you would have to make sure that you're using the newest available web address to have proper access to the site.
    You could try a Google search for StephenKing.com and follow the links to the message board area, this would give you the updated address. (& then save that to your bookmarked pages)

    * Also try clearing your cache.

    If this doesn't work, then maybe private message Jordan.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    bye
    Posts
    967

    Default Re: Problem with Logging In

    Quote Originally Posted by Lina View Post
    I have this problem for about a month, but so far I thought there was something wrong with my computer at work, but now I see it is not. I cannot log in from any computer but this one that I am using right now....
    How many other computers have you tried? If it's just the one at work, then they may not allow cookies to be saved on the computer, or they may have the dns for this site blocked. Your best bet in any event is to follow Flake's advice--clear your work computer's cache and Google "Stephen King Message Board".

    If that lets you in, then great. If not, then it'll give us more information to work with. It's also helpful to state which operating system and browser your work computer uses. Also, any ad-blocking software you use at work should be noted.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,287

    Default Re: Problem with Logging In

    Thanks to everyone who tried to help! Coming here from the site has helped me to log on this time... though I thought I tried it before, but it never worked....Well, this time it worked. Thank you!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cambridge, Ohio
    Posts
    17,667

    Default Re: Problem with Logging In

    ...problems logging?...perhaps this will help...




    ...then again, if I'd just read the title a little closer.....derp!...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Just north of Duma Key
    Posts
    11,220

    Default Re: Problem with Logging In

    Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...problems logging?...perhaps this will help...




    ...then again, if I'd just read the title a little closer.....derp!...

    Can I borrow that GNTLGNT? Have some branches need trimming.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cambridge, Ohio
    Posts
    17,667

    Default Re: Problem with Logging In

    Quote Originally Posted by Spideyman View Post
    Can I borrow that GNTLGNT? Have some branches need trimming.
    ...I'll get 'er gassed up fer ya...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    bye
    Posts
    967

    Default Re: Problem with Logging In

    Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...problems logging?...perhaps this will help...

    Sign on the local saw shop back in Texas: Why spend all day cutting firewood? Just Stihl it!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cambridge, Ohio
    Posts
    17,667

    Default Re: Problem with Logging In

    Quote Originally Posted by Sepia and Dust View Post
    Sign on the local saw shop back in Texas: Why spend all day cutting firewood? Just Stihl it!
    ...one of my favorites near here...posted on the signage for a radiator repair shop..."A Great Place To Take A Leak"....

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •