Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Casey Anthony (again)

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Casey Anthony (again)

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Default Casey Anthony (again)

This is interesting but should a judge be giving an interview like this?

http://www.today.com/news/casey-anth...dict-6C9791042

Default Re: Casey Anthony (again)

It's his observations and opinions. No worse than him writing a book on the trial.
    Last edited by Spideyman; May 6th, 2013 at 09:21 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyman View Post
    It's his observations and opinions. No worse than him writing a book on the trail.
    You are correct but you usually see this kind of thing from the defense and prosecution teams. I can't recall a judge coming out so soon after a trial and (more or less) saying the defendant was guilty. I can't say I disagree with him but it seems too soon.
    Last edited by fljoe0; May 6th, 2013 at 09:22 AM.

It's been two years and I think, maybe, with this Jodi Arias trail coming to a close, the press is prepping for possible feedback from a verdict. It might have just been a "timing issue" to have this judge speak out on another famous trial.

If Jodi Arias walks, I'm going to be more stunned than I was with Casey Anthony.

Wow I read the news everyday and watch the news everyday and as embarrassed as I am to say this, this is the first time I've ever heard of Jodi Arias. I guess these SoCal newscasters really ARE all about SoCal.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry B View Post
    Wow I read the news everyday and watch the news everyday and as embarrassed as I am to say this, this is the first time I've ever heard of Jodi Arias. I guess these SoCal newscasters really ARE all about SoCal.
    It's the most brutal case of self defense ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry B View Post
    I think it has been 4 month constant on HLN/ then at night more coverage. It is enough to blow your mind.
    In deliberation now. Just so unreal.

I liked that judge! He certainly told it right when he essentially said that Anthony would be a prisoner of her actions for the rest of her life and that she would finally be judged by the Judge of Judges. That sweet, sweet baby is with her Lord and they both wait for Casey.

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    If Jodi Arias walks, I'm going to be more stunned than I was with Casey Anthony.
    The evidence in the Casey Anthony trial was all circumstantial, which doesn't mean the evidence is not enough, it just means there has to be enough of it to build a reasonable scenario of proof. The circumstantial evidence in the Jodi Arias case suggests premeditation, but she's already admitted to killing her boyfriend, Travis Alexabder. Her entire case is an attempt to create reasonable doubt that Alexander had been abusing her. She could be acquitted, but the only way is if the jury not only believes that Alexander was attacking her at the time she killed him, but also believes that how she responded to a supposed attack was equal to the danger and not more.

Meanwhile there's no evidence of abuse by Alexander, no reports, no photo evidence, nothing official by Arias or anyone else of Alexander's supposed abusive behavior. Arias claims a finger injury was due to a previous attack by him, but she also said the injury was due to something else. I've been watching. My feeling is that Arias' credibility is virtually absent in the minds of jury members. But their decision is in part whether or not to recommend the death penalty. Personally, I doubt they will.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast