This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hard Listening

Default Hard Listening

Has anyone had a chance to check out the Excerpt for this yet? They were having some problems with the files but have now also put up a PDF version which you can download here.

It's got some great stuff and I have to confess that I'm not 100% sure yet which of the four stories is actually written by Steve. Dave Barry's essay "What I Learned In The Remainders" had me ROFL even while I was feeling guilty for doing so.

Default Re: Hard Listening

I clicked on "excerpt" either yesterday or earlier today...and I don't think there was an excerpt there. Said hi ho. Figured to look at the real-thing when the time arrives.

...there wasn't anything close to what the pdf provides...but...I'm not a computer whiz-bang...so?

PDF opens fine. Thankee- This book is going to be fun-fun

How soon can we pre-order for Kindle ebooks?

It took a lot of patience and clicking through to get to the right page on the link they'd provided for the excerpt and wouldn't work at all for some browsers. It would work for Firefox on a Mac but not for Windows. Hopefully the PDF link will work so more people can check it out as there's a lot of great stuff there including the beginnings to those four versions of the story you need to guess which one Steve actually wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyman View Post
    PDF opens fine. Thankee- This book is going to be fun-fun

How soon can we pre-order for Kindle ebooks?
    Not sure--they haven't given me that information yet.

I put in a request for all retail links yesterday. As soon as they come in, I'll post 'em.
    "One pixel can change everything."

Wow, wish we really could vote.Looking forward to reading the rest of Hard listening.

I wanted to vote!!

I received a digital proof today. One of the cool things about this book (on the iPad at least) is that it's multimedia. I've only read the intro by Dave Barry's brother so far but already there have been two inline videos, one of him playing the harmonica on stage and another of the Remainders wheeling King and Greg Isles from the green room through the bowels of the hotel to the stage on a hotel luggage trolley! (I also think that a wicked sense of humor runs in the Barry family -- I laughed out loud a few times while reading his essay.)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast