Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Let's try this again

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's try this again

Default Let's try this again

I am not really new here. Recently I had my account deactivated because I didn't feel welcome at the time but I am willing enough to try this again. Um, Some of you may remember me, some may not. I don't really want to give away who I am right now because I want everyone to know first that I am trying to start over on here completely. Not sure if my account will stay activated or not after this post but I will tell you a bit about myself. I had suffered with a lot of depression issues while on here as well as loneliness. I had gotten upset with some people on here but I don't believe that arguing is the way to resolve differences nor issues between two people. If you are willing to forget all the stuff that had stained my old self and start new just like I am trying to right now, then I would HIGHLY appreciate it. Thank you everyone.

Red face Trainwrecks, God, and Just plain insanity... (Please don't judge me)

Hello. Well I guess this is the best place to post this seeing as I am a "newbie." I am a past remember that left the forum because of undisclosed reasons. Let's just say I know now what to say and what not to. No, I didn't go all keyboard warrior or troll or whatever you wanna call it. But I did take a few days from being on here. Um, basically I just want everyone to understand where I am coming from and why exactly I was the way I was when in the past. When I was growing up I had lived in a bad part of town, with parents working non stop and me and my sister never getting along. After moving when I was 14 I had ran into some things good and bad. I had made friends with the wrong people, and picked up on some very bad habits too. (let's just say that it wasn't smoke-able, no nor a needle but something else) well, after struggling with that along with depression and anxiety, I had left the school I was attending and sought out help. I dropped my addictions, my bad "friends" and graduated in home schooling. I had met up with a girl who I was once engaged to but she cheated and left me. She now lives in my old part of town. (ironic huh?) I have recently went to college, and am hours away from wrapping it up. (only 1 test stands between me and my diploma) I have two nieces and 1 nephew, and have the two best friends anyone could ever ask for. I had left this forum recently because I felt that I was starting to lose it again. I was being told I need to get help but I was being stubborn. Well, I thought of it and decided to come back and try again. I hope that everyone here will accept me again. Now I am not gonna be that same mopey guy you all once knew, no. I have realized that this forum is for discussion on things SK related any maybe some other stuff too but not things to weigh us down. We need to use it for our own escape and to unwind. So, that is what I am going to do. I am going to attend this forum and try to start again. I am actually trying to get some kind of therapy right now. I think it would do me some good to be able to flow some of this into some actual wording. I was also this scared and nervous guy when it came to God, but not anymore. That is resolved. So, thank you for reading this, I hope to hear from you guys on here and to start anew here. See you later, guys.

Default Re: Let's try this again

Hmmmmm......you sound awfully familiar......You remind me a lot of Dave Sartin.
    Welcome back.

Welcome back. Clean slate, new beginning. Love and green lights!

...for your sake my friend, I hope you abide by your new direction...welcome and well-met...

Well, thank you everyone. I hope to be treated as a new used. I would appreciate it if I were treated as a new user and not a villain from the past. I am from the past, and I think you already know who I am. If not, then it shouldn't be hard to realize it. But yeah I am back. Positive thoughts, guys.

Well done

You know, the thing about venting is that it only helps if you're able to relieve stress with it. "Stuffing" one's feelings doesn't help at all (and in fact that is the core of depression), but I think only some people cope best by "getting it out of their systems." Most of us, I think, do better by finding some other way to clear our minds enough to be more positive, like mindfulness meditation, which sort of lets the feelings flow naturally through ... and away, eventually.

All of which is a long way of saying that sometimes venting makes us feel better WHILE we're venting, but worse (or no better) afterward. It works for me in small doses, but I find that too much of it just makes me focus on the bad. Maybe that's true of you as well.

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Reborn View Post
    Well, thank you everyone. I hope to be treated as a new used. I would appreciate it if I were treated as a new user and not a villain from the past. I am from the past, and I think you already know who I am. If not, then it shouldn't be hard to realize it. But yeah I am back. Positive thoughts, guys.
    You do actually realize that no one saw you as a villain, right?

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    You do actually realize that no one saw you as a villain, right?
    Shasta's right. I think you were just too sensitive to some negative reaction to a thread. Nothing to get upset about, we all get a little negative reaction to our posts from time to time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast