This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: The Shining audiobook

Default The Shining audiobook

I work at a public library and I was surprised to find out that it is difficult to purchase an audiobook of The Shining. I contacted the library department that orders materials and was told:
    I would like to get it, but Iím having problems finding it. MidwestTape and Amazon are out of stock. And I could not find e-audio versions either.

I even checked his exclusive audio publisher Brilliance Audio, but did not have luck.

It seems to me that with Doctor Sleep coming out, there will be a renewed interest in The Shining in all forms. Not sure what can be done about this but thought I would leave a message here and see if anyone has any idea about why this isn't available.

Default Re: The Shining audiobook

Quote Originally Posted by dcllibrarian View Post
    I work at a public library and I was surprised to find out that it is difficult to purchase an audiobook of The Shining. I contacted the library department that orders materials and was told:
    I would like to get it, but Iím having problems finding it. MidwestTape and Amazon are out of stock. And I could not find e-audio versions either.

I even checked his exclusive audio publisher Brilliance Audio, but did not have luck.

It seems to me that with Doctor Sleep coming out, there will be a renewed interest in The Shining in all forms. Not sure what can be done about this but thought I would leave a message here and see if anyone has any idea about why this isn't available.
    Hi there,

Welcome to the site, have you tried contacting Simon & Schuster directly?
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Quote Originally Posted by dcllibrarian View Post
    I would like to get it, but I’m having problems finding it. MidwestTape and Amazon are out of stock. And I could not find e-audio versions either.

It is avail via audible.com

http://www.amazon.com/The-Shining/dp...9863743&sr=1-1

The regular audiobooks are out of stock in many places. Hope you can find one.

I got mine on Audible.com. That's where I buy all of my audio books. I-tunes is another place to get audio books. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by SharonC View Post
    I got mine on Audible.com. That's where I buy all of my audio books. I-tunes is another place to get audio books. Good luck.
    Same here, SharonC. Audible has tons of King books on audio, including The Shining. Even long ones like The Stand or It are relatively inexpensive if you're on a monthly download plan. Hard to beat!

....anyone else???....NO?...then the majority has ruled...Audible it is...now, where the hell are the snacks???...