Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Susannah and Salem?

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: Susannah and Salem?

Default Susannah and Salem?

I have just finished Wolves of the Calla. I found the story within a story of Callahan's vampire tales chilling & exciting. I have a feeling the next instalment Songs of Susannah may refer to Salem's Lot further... Would I be best advised to read Salem's Lot before moving on to DT SoS? I know Sai King naturally weaves some of his tales & characters over & through his books but I would prefer to know no more about Salem's Lot from the Ka-tet but from Sai King himself. So do or do i not read Salem's Lot first??

Default Re: Susannah and Salem?

I'd go ahead and continue on with SoS...your enjoyment of Salem's Lot may be a little less, when you get to it, just because you know what eventually happens to Father Callahan, but it won't hamper your journey to the tower if you don't read Salem's Lot first.

Enjoy!!

...keep the flow of the Tower going...as Cat says, it might take a bit of the edge of off Lot, but that is a novel to be savored apart...

Going to play third here- continue the journey to the tower. Then you can go back and read SL, and re visit an old friend.

I am going in the opposite direction. I say to read SofS after reading Salem's Lot since Salem's Lot was published before SofS chronologically. Just makes sense to me when you are looking at the bigger picture. Remember, SK did not write and publish the DT series one right after the other. I really am a firm believer in reading the DT series and the major interconnected novels, like Salem's Lot, in the order in which they were published. JMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by carrie's younger brother View Post
    I am going in the opposite direction. I say to read SofS after reading Salem's Lot since Salem's Lot was published before SofS chronologically. Just makes sense to me when you are looking at the bigger picture. Remember, SK did not write and publish the DT series one right after the other. I really am a firm believer in reading the DT series and the major interconnected novels, like Salem's Lot, in the order in which they were published. JMHO.
    Thank you Carrie's Younger Brother (what special powers do you have?)

I have chosen to read Salem's - to me the bigger picture makes sense. I really wouldn't want any spoiler alerts via DT SoS to ruin my reading experience with SL.

I have started Salem's Lot already.... pg. 6 (ironically) and am venturing into Jerusalem's Lot!!

Thank everyone for your opinions.
    Last edited by Moderator; May 30th, 2013 at 10:01 AM. Reason: fixed coding for quote

Quote Originally Posted by dumakeykate View Post
    Thank you Carrie's Younger Brother (what special powers do you have?)
    My sister got all the "talent" in the family. She's the real STAR!

You're welcome, dumakeykate. Salem's Lot is one of my top 5 favorite SK books.