This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: question about "Salem's Lot" sent off

Default question about "Salem's Lot" sent off

apparently at the time of writing, this book has several times rejected by publishers, who knows how many times?

Default Re: question about "Salem's Lot" sent off

Quote Originally Posted by r4ng3r View Post
    apparently at the time of writing, this book has several times rejected by publishers, who knows how many times?
    I don't think so. I've never read anything suggesting that novel was rejected. It was published by the same company that published his first novel, so I doubt anyone would have even had the opportunity to reject it other than them...and clearly, they didn't.

I just did a quick look around. I'm currently reading this so your question intrigued me. All I came across was the publishers shortening the name from Jerusalem's Lot to 'Salem's Lot. Nothing about the actual book being rejected, though.

...no rejections I've read about....quite a bit of editing before release(later restored ala The Stand)...but no rejections...

Quote Originally Posted by r4ng3r View Post
    No, it was never rejected. Some of his pre-Carrie books were, but not 'Salem's Lot, which was originally titled Second Coming. He presented the manuscript to his editor along with the manuscript for Blaze. After warning King that he might get typecast as a horror writer, he ultimately went with 'Salem's Lot.

BV - thank you for the intriguing information, I especially enjoyed the part about S.K. getting typecast as a "horror writer".