Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Almost Finished! Please Help!

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: Almost Finished! Please Help!

Default Almost Finished! Please Help!

Hello I am almost finished with The Dark Tower III and I was wondering if I should go to Insomnia after this before moving onto The Dark Tower IV? I heard that he incorporates some of Insomnia into The Dark Tower books. I have already read most of the ones before III but I havent read Insomnia yet. Also Should I read The Wind Through The Keyhole in between IV & V?

Default Re: Almost Finished! Please Help!

Welcome to the site. It's not (absolutely) necessary to read Insomnia first, but it may enhance the journey for you if you do. I read WTTK after the Dark Tower series and don't think I lost anything at all by reading it in this order... up to you, it doesn't really change the journey at all by being book 4.5 or book 8.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

I read all the books as published,so had Insomnia under my belt. Yes, it plays a part in the DT journey, but I personally feel there is enough info given to you in the DT books that you'll understand the "connection". Like Flake, I read TWTTK after the DT journey. I took it as a "family" reunion. Visiting old friends again- like a family reunion at Christmas time. TWTTK is a stand alone book, again with a strong connection to the DT journey. It depends on how you feel- a side trip to Insomnia, or continuing on the path to the tower. Enjoy!

...the ladies have given excellent advice, but regardless of which order you read them in-all roads lead to the Tower...

I've read the complete Dark Tower series, but have not yet read Insomnia......I don't feel that I lost out on anything.

Welcome, and happy reading!

......I don't feel that I lost out on anything.

...just lots of sleep...

Just finished and I must say I can't believe the way it ended. I am excited to keep going with the series but I think I will take a detour and go with Insomnia first. I don't know how to block my text so if you don't want any spoilers stop reading now.

I am wondering if you guys and gals think the Turtle he mentions in this story is the same Turtle in IT?
    Last edited by Dana Jean; June 8th, 2013 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Added spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by redman View Post
    Just finished and I must say I can't believe the way it ended. I am excited to keep going with the series but I think I will take a detour and go with Insomnia first. I don't know how to block my text so if you don't want any spoilers stop reading now.

I am wondering if you guys and gals think the Turtle he mentions in this story is the same Turtle in IT?
    ...yes...same Chelonii...

This thread and all the responses were very helpful! Thanks!