This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: Carrion Comfort

Default Carrion Comfort

Ms. Mod,

I read somewhere on the internet that Mr. King had adapted Dan Simmons novel Carrion Comfort into a screenplay. Do you know if this is true? Thanks

Default Re: Carrion Comfort

It's not ringing any bells--would have to check to find out as I've never seen it at the office.

That was a rumor, but unconfirmed. Justin Brooks says that it is "confirmed to not exist" in the Fogler collection.

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Psssst, hey if he's maybe needin' a part-time (and under the table) pick-up gig, I'm needin' some things done I could use some help, can't afford much but I feedbag pretty good, that and I'll throw in couple of other perks...um, and ya know perchance if he's any count with a spud bar, I really need a guy what knows the business end of a spud bar?

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    That was a rumor, but unconfirmed. Justin Brooks says that it is "confirmed to not exist" in the Fogler collection.
    ...that's in that there lye-bury ain't it??....

I, too, seem to remember seeing something somewhere that Steve had done a screenplay for that book, but I can't remember where I saw it.

Ok, just checked in the hardback Cemetary Dance edition of SK A Primary Bibliography of the World's Most Popular Author by Justin Brooks and on page 519 it states 'Carrion Comfort- Unproduced motion Picture script. This is an adaption of Dan Simmon's 1989 novel, carrion Comfort. This piece was started sometime around 1990-1991. It is unknown whether this script is complete or not. In a letter deposited in Box 2702 of The Stephen King Collection (Special Collections, Raymond Folger Library, Uninversity of Maine, Orono) from Simmons to King (dated October 19, 1990), the author discusses King doing a screenplay adaption.'