This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: Writer's Digest

Default Writer's Digest

If anyone is interested, there's an interview in this month's Writer's Digest with Joe Hill.

Does anyone buy this magazine? Has it helped your writing?
    "You've been here before, but things are about to change. I know it. I feel it. There's a storm on the way." -- Stephen King

Default Re: Writer's Digest

Wow. NOBODY uses this magazine? That doesn't speak well for the publication -- or maybe me? yikes.
    "You've been here before, but things are about to change. I know it. I feel it. There's a storm on the way." -- Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by Dana Jean View Post
    Wow. NOBODY uses this magazine? That doesn't speak well for the publication -- or maybe me? yikes.
    I'm glad to be thinking about the magazine now that you've mentioned it. Maybe I'll check it out.

Perhaps i will go to Books a million this weekend and check out the interview. Iam not much of a writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana Jean View Post
    Just seeing this now- I had gotten a subscription for my neighbor, a retired teacher, who had joined a local library writers club. He said he enjoyed it very much and did find some interesting articles on technique. Said it did help to improve his own writing style.

...ya mean this one with the goofy lookin' dude on the cover???....

"Stephen King reveals"...'I never wrote a word of it. Nup. Not one. It was ten other guys.'

Writer's Digest has been kind of hit-or-miss for me. It's great for things like introducing new agents, talking about current publishing trends, etc. I'd be a little more leery of the Writer's Digest University offerings, which seem to charge a whole lot of money to tell things you probably could have found for free on the internet or for $8 in your standard writing advice paperback. It is nice for getting a little peer-pressure motivation to put fingers to the keyboard.