This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Tour Dates and Venues

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default Tour Dates and Venues

    Stephen King-Shame on you all for not making a date to play in Denver! If you hurry...you can still get on our busy schedule of great musical talent for this year!
    I know you could sell out the Fillmore or Red Rocks!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    14,080

    Default Re: Tour Dates and Venues

    Stephen didn't have anything to do with the scheduling for the tour. I'm not sure what criteria they used for the selections of cities where it will be playing.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cambridge, Ohio
    Posts
    17,667

    Default Re: Tour Dates and Venues

    ....STEPHEN KING AT RED ROCKS!!!!...with Opening Act Slim Whitman...B.Y.O.B.(Bring Yer Own Book)...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Peach State
    Posts
    198

    Default Re: Tour Dates and Venues

    I'm confused. Where can I find information on this tour? What will it entail? Will it just be random people on stage singing the songs from the play?

    Thanks

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    14,080

    Default Re: Tour Dates and Venues

    Quote Originally Posted by Reason4Happenings View Post
    I'm confused. Where can I find information on this tour? What will it entail? Will it just be random people on stage singing the songs from the play?

    Thanks
    It's being done as a radio play format, i.e. instead of a play with sets as it was done in Atlanta, the actors will read their lines and sing the songs as though it was being broadcast to a radio audience and will be backed up by a live band. That is necessary because the tour is being done very quickly from one city to the next and this will save production time and costs to not have to do the stage set ups. For more information about the cities, dates, and to order tickets, visit this link.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Peach State
    Posts
    198

    Default Re: Tour Dates and Venues

    Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    It's being done as a radio play format, i.e. instead of a play with sets as it was done in Atlanta, the actors will read their lines and sing the songs as though it was being broadcast to a radio audience and will be backed up by a live band. That is necessary because the tour is being done very quickly from one city to the next and this will save production time and costs to not have to do the stage set ups. For more information about the cities, dates, and to order tickets, visit this link.
    Thanks for the info. I had no trouble finding the tour dates, but I couldn't find anything out there telling who/what would actually be on the stage once I got there. Seeing a concert at the Ryman is actually on my bucket list, so I just gots ta make this happen.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    14,080

    Default Re: Tour Dates and Venues

    Quote Originally Posted by Reason4Happenings View Post
    Thanks for the info. I had no trouble finding the tour dates, but I couldn't find anything out there telling who/what would actually be on the stage once I got there. Seeing a concert at the Ryman is actually on my bucket list, so I just gots ta make this happen.
    It's been a little while since I last heard any news about the casting but at that point, not all the parts were 100% finalized which may be why they haven't put anything out on that yet.


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    the briny blue
    Posts
    37

    Default Re: Tour Dates and Venues

    Sooo...the actual musical won't be touring?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    14,080

    Default Re: Tour Dates and Venues

    Quote Originally Posted by Constantly Reading View Post
    Sooo...the actual musical won't be touring?
    Yes, they will be singing the songs and reciting the lines but it won't be done as a traditional play with sets. Are you familiar with A Prairie Home Companion or the old radio dramas where the actors read the lines and sing the songs (if there were any)? It will be like that.


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    2,276

    Default Re: Tour Dates and Venues

    Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Yes, they will be singing the songs and reciting the lines but it won't be done as a traditional play with sets. Are you familiar with A Prairie Home Companion or the old radio dramas where the actors read the lines and sing the songs (if there were any)? It will be like that.
    Can't wait to hear you belt out "That's Who I Am", Mod.

    Epic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •