Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
King on God

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: King on God

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Wilmington DE, strange little place.
    Posts
    570

    Default King on God

    http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-gra...ent-design-god


    King has spoken about God a few times, His beliefs are completely
    Nebulous, as they should be. If he had chosen a different term,
    other then 'Intelligent design' , no one would have freaked out
    about what he said.

    I am still hoping to find Naomi King , inside this forum .
    If shes here at all, it will be in this section.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    834

    Default Re: King on God

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-gra...ent-design-god


    King has spoken about God a few times, His beliefs are completely
    Nebulous, as they should be. If he had chosen a different term,
    other then 'Intelligent design' , no one would have freaked out
    about what he said.

    I am still hoping to find Naomi King , inside this forum .
    If shes here at all, it will be in this section.
    She's on Twitter.

    https://twitter.com/revnaomi

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Wilmington DE, strange little place.
    Posts
    570

    Default Re: King on God

    I wouldnt go to her youtube or twitter unless a was going to speak
    of religion or God or stuff like that.
    If she comes here.... all topics are open ....lol.

    I will someday be commenting to her on youtube. I love her vidoes

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    south
    Posts
    4,200

    Default Re: King on God

    Naomi is an amazing person. A Heart of gold. never turns her back.I use to read all her sermons and print them when they were online.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cambridge, Ohio
    Posts
    17,667

    Default Re: King on God

    ...I believe, he believes(can ya believe it?)in the power of "The White" at least sometimes...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    20

    Default Re: King on God

    I wasn't raised religious but I always kept an open mind about intelligent design. But after reading works by Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens, and Sam Harris, while also studying evolution and all of its intricate components, I am definitely leaning in the "no god" direction at the moment, unless a miracle convinces me otherwise, ha ha!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    453

    Default Re: King on God

    Quote Originally Posted by Dire Wolf View Post
    I wasn't raised religious but I always kept an open mind about intelligent design. But after reading works by Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens, and Sam Harris, while also studying evolution and all of its intricate components, I am definitely leaning in the "no god" direction at the moment, unless a miracle convinces me otherwise, ha ha!
    Science (that was originally a part of religion): In the beginning there was a big bang from nothing (lol) and the universe was born.

    Religion (when scientists were also priests): In the beginning the gods (spiritual ancestors or elders) created the universe.

    What sounds more scientific?
    Last edited by Ayko; June 19th, 2013 at 03:56 AM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    20

    Default Re: King on God

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayko View Post
    Science (that was originally a part of religion): In the beginning there was a big bang from nothing (lol) and the universe was born.

    Religion (when scientists were also priests): In the beginning the gods (spiritual ancestors or elders) created the universe.

    What sounds more scientific?
    The big bang didn't come from "nothing". The state of energy that caused the big bang to happen can't be studied or observed because in order to do so we would have to go back to the moment before the big bang occurred and that would frankly be impossible.

    Regardless of how one feels about an intelligent designer, one thing is almost certain: That the major religions of the world (judaism, christianity, islam, hinduism, etc) are false and cannot be correct. All the major religions have irreconcilable contradictions about god and spirituality. Not only do they contradict one another, they also have internal contradictions as well, along with historical errors, discrepancies, translation errors/mistakes in their written works, etc.

    I'm still very open to the idea of an intelligent designer, but I highly doubt that such a designer would want us to sacrifice animals on an altar, pray 5 times a day, or send us to hell because we got drunk one night and bonked the cute neighbor girl.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Under The Keg
    Posts
    3,175

    Default Re: King on God

    I'm in love with The Big Bang Theory........

    Specifically..........






  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    3,331

    Default Re: King on God


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •