This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: Make this into mini series

Default Make this into mini series

Due to the length of the book that contains so much details leading so mini climaxes, I think this will be better to be made into mini series rather than just a blockbuster movie.

There are few examples of other great novels that lost their taste or characters when made into single movie. I think 11/22/63 will do better in mini series tho the revenue will be much slower or less than a movie.

Or make it into two versions: single movie and mini series; where the single movie is played by the same casts from the mini series but it will be very compact (it might go more than 2h30m for sure).

Just my 2 cents.

Default Re: Make this into mini series

Just my 2 cents.
    ...which in 1963 would be four dollars...

Quote Originally Posted by smilada View Post
    Due to the length of the book that contains so much details leading so mini climaxes, I think this will be better to be made into mini series rather than just a blockbuster movie.

There are few examples of other great novels that lost their taste or characters when made into single movie. I think 11/22/63 will do better in mini series tho the revenue will be much slower or less than a movie.

Or make it into two versions: single movie and mini series; where the single movie is played by the same casts from the mini series but it will be very compact (it might go more than 2h30m for sure).

Just my 2 cents.

I just finished the book and I think this is a great idea!

Interesting thought.

I've read and watched novels that had been created into movies. Sphere, Timeline are the two examples I can mention. None of these are great movies. The novels, yes, but the movies are just dull. Missing so many critical points in the story. Things that are actually attract most of the interest from the readers. So I guess this novel will be a lot better to be made into mini-series.

There are a lot of great passages and scenes that support and hold the attractive points of this novel.