This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: Will SK ever write a prequel or sequel to The Shining that has the Overlook in it?

Default Will SK ever write a prequel or sequel to The Shining that has the Overlook in it?

For me, the Shining was all about the Overlook. Will Stephen ever write a sequel or prequel that involves the Overlook? In the mini series, the hotel was being rebuilt at the end, so he could do that in a book? Or he could go the other way and tell the story of the previous caretaker. I'm looking forward to Doc Sleep, but not as much as I would be to a sequel that goes back to the Overlook ...

Default Re: Will SK ever write a prequel or sequel to The Shining that has the Overlook in it

...some people ain't ever happy...grumble, grumble, grumble.....

Default Re: Will SK ever write a prequel or sequel to The Shining that has the Overlook in it

Why are you assuming the Overlook isn't in Doctor Sleep...?

How about "Before the Play" which was first printed in Whispers 17/18 (August, 1982) and reprinted in an abridged version in TV Guide April 26/May 2, 1997? You can find these on eBay occasionally.

John

Quote Originally Posted by jchanic View Post
    How about "Before the Play" which was first printed in Whispers 17/18 (August, 1982) and reprinted in an abridged version in TV Guide April 26/May 2, 1997? You can find these on eBay occasionally.

John
    ...or on my bookcase...

Quote Originally Posted by bryantburnette View Post
    Why are you assuming the Overlook isn't in Doctor Sleep...?
    Somehow I thought Overlook must be in Doctor Sleep... I hope there will really be something about it in the book. I guess we will wait and see.