This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Under The Dome Miniseries ***SPOILERS***

Default Under The Dome Miniseries ***SPOILERS***

Hi!

So, what did y'all think about the premiere of Under The Dome?

I'm excited!

Was that Barbie placing a dead body in a grave? The newspaper woman's husband is cheating on her? Was he the person Barbie put in the grave?

I know the miniseries will not be exactly like the book but I am intrigued.

I'm gonna try to watch it again and see what I might have missed. (Dang! I haven't read Under the Dome in awhile.)

Thoughts, ideas or opinions?

Thank you!

Peace.

Default Re: Random Thoughts

I am not sure why, Dale Barber's, character was changed, and the way the cop died; I thought he was leaving his house going to a call, or something like that--I thought his wife was there. I don't know. Odd changes though.

Default Re: Under The Dome Miniseries

I haven't read the book, so it's all new ta me! Like it so far though!

Either Barbie killed Julia's husband or someone else did-but he was definitely burying the body. She didn't even have a husband in the book.
    There are so many differences, I don't even know where to begin...
    Last edited by Moderator; June 25th, 2013 at 06:36 AM. Reason: added spoiler tag

I thought it was okay..little teed at some of the artistic license,but of course it is understood.Making a tv screenplay and a novel jibe well,they usually diverge somewhere,and you understand the need to condense and switch things around to make it work. Siggy,

yes,that was Barbie placing the body in the grave,and yes it was her husband..but I don't know about him cheating on her,I took it as a drug deal gone bad with Barbie,which is a big leap away from the book..the doc in the book was a good guy,Barbie wasn't a dealer,but an ex army dude on walkabout,I dunno we'll see..
    The one thing that was interesting was the portrayal of Junior Rennie..I thought that kid did a very good job as a creepy on the edge nutzo/girlbeater/kidnapper..will be fun to see what happens next week!

Siggie, tonight for us over the water- gonna sit back with my bowl of salad and graze my way throught it...and the lettuce.

not sure if I'm looking forward to the 12 episodes to get to that ending!

Condensation I can understand, but major plot and character changes.. ok, maybe cut something out, add something else in, but just churn the whole thing around until it's video salad? I dunno....

I always give a series three episodes before I make any call on whether I like it or not......

I didn't like the way they made a sexual relationship between Junior & Angie. I think if it would've stayed on track with the book, his slipping into paranoia and delirium would've been more of an indicator of his brain tumor. Unless they plan to simply play the jealous boyfriend scenario And are Angie & Joe supposed to be siblings now? Weird. And Norrie is the daughter of a lesbian couple from L.A.? Too many differences from the book so far and UTD is one of my favorite novels so I'm a little sad.

Too early to say much, with this episode, but I enjoyed it. They took a totally different direction with Junior, and even made Big Jim a little more likeable (scary thought). I'm curious to see how they play out. I do wonder, since this is network TV, how far it's going go, because the novel was very graphic.

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast