This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: Zimmerman Trial Off To Wild Start

Default Re: Zimmerman Trial Off To Wild Start

Horrible situation. Horrible State laws. Horrible, in my opinion, person. It is my personal opinion (although not necessarily in line with legal precedent) that when Zimmerman chose to ignore Dispatch and follow/hunt down his suspect against their wishes, he had to waive self defense. He was the instigator as there would have been no alteracation without him.

1. Zimmerman confronts someone with a gun. *Against police direction.
    2. Person confronted with weapon defends him/herself.
    3. Zimmerman shoots person threatened, killing them.

For self defense to work you can't be the instigator. I think that is the heart of the Prosecution's case. At the point at which Zimmerman pointed a gun at the someone and attempted to detain them he was already in violation of several laws. Someone threatened by an unknown person with a gun has the right to defend themselves and I don't care if that kid was bashing Zimmerman's head into the sidewalk over and over again. It was the kid defending himself, not the other way around.

If you try to read the law any other way you are inviting someone to always instigate a situation so they can them murder people. It is the human version of this:

http://lockerz.com/u/20543583/decalz...us_clips_south
    Last edited by Robert Gray; June 24th, 2013 at 02:29 PM.

agreed on every point, there RG...once again, bravo

...opens with "knock-knock" joke....how appropriate...

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    Talk about a WTF moment. I hear that today's opening will include a "blond" joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Out of Order View Post
    Talk about a WTF moment. I hear that today's opening will include a "blond" joke.
    ...can't wait for the ventriloquist dummy to put in an appearance...

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Gray View Post
    Horrible situation. Horrible State laws. Horrible, in my opinion, person. It is my personal opinion (although not necessarily in line with legal precedent) that when Zimmerman chose to ignore Dispatch and follow/hunt down his suspect against their wishes, he had to waive self defense. He was the instigator as there would have been no alteracation without him.

1. Zimmerman confronts someone with a gun. *Against police direction.
    2. Person confronted with weapon defends him/herself.
    3. Zimmerman shoots person threatened, killing them.

For self defense to work you can't be the instigator. I think that is the heart of the Prosecution's case. At the point at which Zimmerman pointed a gun at the someone and attempted to detain them he was already in violation of several laws. Someone threatened by an unknown person with a gun has the right to defend themselves and I don't care if that kid was bashing Zimmerman's head into the sidewalk over and over again. It was the kid defending himself, not the other way around.

If you try to read the law any other way you are inviting someone to always instigate a situation so they can them murder people. It is the human version of this:

http://lockerz.com/u/20543583/decalz...us_clips_south
    I feel as you do on this. At the end, Zimmerman may very well have been defending himself BUT he started it and he was the only one that was armed. When you chose to start a fight, you're responsible for what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    Hi!

Please note the two co-counsel attorneys to the left of the screen. ( The bald, mustachioed attorney and the the attorney to the extreme left.) They had NO idea it was going to happen and when they heard the knock knock joke...I could almost hear them begging the ground would open up and take them away.)

Hey!

This is the latest I have read.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3525805.html

...I'm gonna come right out and say it. Devil be damned. I dislike the money people have donated to Zimmerman's defense is being used to hire a jury consultant. It is his right to do so as does the prosecution...BUT I have strong dislike for hiring jury consultants. Be judged by a jury of your peers. Not a hired psych whore (Yes, I said whore.) to help you pick out jurors that you think will be more inclined to side/vote for your side. Whether prosecution or defense.

(Y'all can start picking up rocks to chunk at me.)

Peace.