Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Anyone recall "the lost room"?

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: Anyone recall "the lost room"?

Default Anyone recall "the lost room"?

Mild Spoiler Alert (I don't reveal all the best stuff )
    "The lost room " was a tv series that ran on The Sci Fi channel in 2006 .Only 6 episodes were made . Basically an event took place at a desert motel room sometime back in the early sixties , if I remember correctly . No one knows what the event was . Even the "Occupant " was not aware that anything had transpired until afterword. But the room he was in , room 10, is just gone from the motel.
    Many of the "Objects" that were in the room at the time of the "Event" have bizarre powers , for example ," the Pencil", bounce the pencil on a table top and it gives you a penny .Or the "Wrist watch ", which hard boils an egg. Put the wrist watch on a surface , stand an egg in the loop created by the strap, and presto! A hard boiled egg. However some of the objects have more sinister powers , stick someone with the "Pen "and they're burnt beyond recognition. Also two or more objects together have new and more dangerous powers. All these powers were discovered by trial and (probably ) painful error.
    There is a thriving black market trade in the "Objects " by 2006 the trade is on the internet. You could (in the show) visit websites listing what "Objects " people are trading, what each "Objects" special power is and the current market value.
    There are also cults ,or cabals which have formed around the "Room " and the "Objects" , "The Order of the reunification " who's members seek to reunite all the objects and "The Collectors " , the original "Object "seekers. Most of the earliest members of this cabal were killed or driven crazy by an experiment in room 9 of the motel.
    This show had an awesome cast. It starred Peter Krause ( from six feet under ), Julianne Marguiles , Kevin Pollack and Elle Fanning . It also had lost of quirky supporting actors like , Peter Jacobson, Dennis Christopher, Margret Cho, Harriet Samsom Harris , Ewen Bremner , and April Grace. Too name a few.
    If you really care about reviews , then IMDb gave it 8.2 out of 10 and TV.com gives it 8.8 out of 10 . Those are some sweet numbers!
    I don't recall S.K. commenting on this series ,but my guess is , He'd love it!

Last edited by FlakeNoir; June 26th, 2013 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Fixed link.

Default Re: Anyone recall "the lost room"?

It Figures that the link I tried to provide doesn't work. If you're interested , just go to you tube and look for " the Lost Room , or Goggle it. There's lot's to find.

Quote Originally Posted by petethemag View Post
    It Figures that the link I tried to provide doesn't work. If you're interested , just go to you tube and look for " the Lost Room , or Goggle it. There's lot's to find.
    Sorry, missed that the first time, have fixed the link now.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Thanks for fixing that . I just assumed I'd done something wrong . In the internet world , I'm like a lost lamb.

Quote Originally Posted by petethemag View Post
    Thanks for fixing that . I just assumed I'd done something wrong . In the internet world , I'm like a lost lamb.
    When posting videos you just have to select the Insert Video option (the icon is in the same area as the Link, Insert Image and Quote Tags icons in the reply box and looks like an old fashioned roll of film) and then paste your copied URL into the box provided, before clicking Okay. This should load the video into your post.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

I'm like a lost lamb.

...in the lost room???...