Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Idea for series based on IT

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: Idea for series based on IT

Default Idea for series based on IT

I was curious if this has ever been thought of. Somewhat obvious, to be honest, so it wouldn't surprise me if someone in Hollywood has already suggested this.

We all would love a sequel to IT, but we're not going to get one. Fair enough, as Mr. King is done with clowns. I respect that (actually, I wouldn't want so much a book as perhaps a short story follow-up in the vein of One for the Road).

Although I don't know much at all about the TV series Haven and The Colorado Kid, to the best of my knowledge (in fact, I perhaps had already discussed this on the board) Haven is basically used as a setting for more supernatural stories and is not really related to the book. So I was thinking that perhaps a TV series based on IT might be created. Call it The Losers Club. About the children of the original Losers, and how they come together to investigate/fight supernatural forces. Don't deal with IT (except maybe a second coming in the series finale) at all.

Perhaps this should be suggested to King if he hasn't already thought about it. Might be an interesting project.

Default Re: Idea for series based on IT

..."Wait!...is that....greasepaint I smell???...it's a damn clown...I know it is!!!! Tabby, come kill it!"....

Quote Originally Posted by Rrty View Post
    I was curious if this has ever been thought of. Somewhat obvious, to be honest, so it wouldn't surprise me if someone in Hollywood has already suggested this.

We all would love a sequel to IT, but we're not going to get one. Fair enough, as Mr. King is done with clowns. I respect that (actually, I wouldn't want so much a book as perhaps a short story follow-up in the vein of One for the Road).

Although I don't know much at all about the TV series Haven and The Colorado Kid, to the best of my knowledge (in fact, I perhaps had already discussed this on the board) Haven is basically used as a setting for more supernatural stories and is not really related to the book. So I was thinking that perhaps a TV series based on IT might be created. Call it The Losers Club. About the children of the original Losers, and how they come together to investigate/fight supernatural forces. Don't deal with IT (except maybe a second coming in the series finale) at all.

Perhaps this should be suggested to King if he hasn't already thought about it. Might be an interesting project.

I don't know ... . I don't think it's possible. There's just one of those stories. And IT, is it.

Some stories are perfect. They have the right start, the right middle, and the right end. No attempt to ressurect such tales every truly works. At best you get a weak echo which does't satisfy. At worst (far more likely) you simply diminish.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Gray View Post
    Some stories are perfect. They have the right start, the right middle, and the right end. No attempt to ressurect such tales every truly works. At best you get a weak echo which does't satisfy. At worst (far more likely) you simply diminish.
    Very few of them ... but, IT is one of that rare group.