This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How the government would be with only one party

Default How the government would be with only one party

How do you think the government would be if there was only one political party?

Default Re: How the government would be with only one party

I lived in Mexico for 4 years, and that was pretty much their situation for several decades. One party stayed in power. Their was plenty of corruption (there is also plenty here as well). They finally voted in a new party around the time I was leaving, I think it was 2000 or 2002. I'm not sure about the other aspects of the country, but what friends I have talked to since then, say the drug cartells grew in power, and created many problems for the country. It is hard to look at Mexico alone, since it was a place companies rushed to for NAFTA; then China, India, and other countries jumped out with tremedous growth; and many companies switched their manufacturing to them leaving Mexico less stable.

....no way!!!!...them politicos like playin' spin the intern and pin the tail on the democrat to much to have but one party!...

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

When I'm feelin' all warm fuzzy, and not just a little delusional, I, like Numero Uno Big Cheese In Charge G.W., I like to fantasize with the number none...but maybe mostly 'cause though laws yes how I looooves me some bananas, a fan of fruity republics on me breakfast cereals, not so very much.

What I would prefer to try is NO parties! And even better, no lobbyists, put in term limits at all levels, put in limits on how much they could spend and how far in advance candidates could run their campaigns, and repeal the Citizens United loophole (NO, corporations are NOT people--the individuals who make them up are and they can donate as THEY see fit) for a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    What I would prefer to try is NO parties! And even better, no lobbyists, put in term limits at all levels, put in limits on how much they could spend and how far in advance candidates could run their campaigns, and repeal the Citizens United loophole (NO, corporations are NOT people--the individuals who make them up are and they can donate as THEY see fit) for a start.
    If I could double like this I would.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

We do only have one party. It's called the "Corporate Donation Party." We have two branches of that party that say different things but when it gets down to the nitty gritty, they both act the same.

I'm with Ms Mod, No Parties is what I would prefer.

The designers of our government ALL warned against Parties. They were quite up front about it, pointing out that the checks and balances were not designed with Parties in mind. If the people who DESIGNED our government think they would be a disaster, I kind of think we should trust them.

I would rather there be no political parties, but if that is impossible I'd rather they be a metric ton of them to make it impossible for Lobbyists to pay everyone off as well as making governing by compromise and coalition the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Ah Ms. Mod - I love how you dream! Ya dream big gal.

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    No Parties is what I would prefer.
    How do you feel about minor celebrations?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast