Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Zodiac signs

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Zodiac signs

Default Zodiac signs

What do you think when your Zodiac describes. What your sign, I am a Libra.

Default Re: Zodiac signs

My sign is Cancer, I found this page online and it describes people of this sign:

The crab symbolizes this sign for good reason. Just as the crab carries its own shell on its back, so too, does the typical cancerian… so to speak. The typical cancer person is all about home and family and is very dedicated and loyal to friends and family. Crabs often move sideways instead of moving in a straight line, and so will the person of this sign. Often, if it will avoid a fight, or achieve the goal, then moving in alternative directions to arrive at the destination is typical. They tend to grasp and hold tightly those things that make them happy, and never let go. The key characteristic of this sign is that Cancer people need to be needed. They need to know that they matter to someone and that they are secure in that love. Brave, courageous, protective, all describe the best possible traits of this sign. Shy, reserved, brooding, and moody, do not serve the cancer person well, but may surface if their needs are not being met.

Cancer is a water sign which means that they have a deep, mysterious side to them that can also be gentle and nurturing.

Upside: Cancer have an offbeat sense of humor, often finding something humorous that others don’t. They are extremely good listeners and have a heart for the problems of others. In fact, many gravitate toward this sign because they intuitively know that a Cancer will understand. When a Cancer becomes your friend you can be sure that they are truly your friend and will not consider using someone to their own benefit. Cancer tend to be dependable and reliable. They will tell you anything you want to know about them without blinking an eye as they are drawn to honesty in others as well as themselves.

Downside: This sign can be moody, clingy, and often become incredibly insecure if they feel that they are about to lose the friendship or love of someone close to them. If the situation calls for it, they will lie, but often this dishonesty stems from a deep insecurity about being alone.
    Quite a bit of that pretty accurately describes me, I'd say... though the bit about the insecurity of being alone doesn't really ring true for me. I do love my family to bits, but I don't fear being by myself... this may sound strange but if there were two of me--one of me would almost certainly choose to be a hermit.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

I'm a Leo, you can read about us here: http://www.astrology.com/leo-sun-sig...ns/2-d-d-66944 It basically says we're awesome and everyone loves us and wants to be like us. Oh, and that we need a little humility...

I am also a Leo, and yes, it's all true. We are awesome and everyone loves us

Cute! My brother is a Leo so that's pretty funny about the "awesomeness"

I won't reveal 'my sign' just yet but I will give a hint (see picture below in the spoiler). By the way - wasn't that a cheezy pickup line at one time? "Hey babe - what's your sign?"

No - it does not mean that I am 'horny'

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeNoir View Post
    My sign is Cancer, I found this page online and it describes people of this sign:

Quite a bit of that pretty accurately describes me, I'd say... though the bit about the insecurity of being alone doesn't really ring true for me. I do love my family to bits, but I don't fear being by myself... this may sound strange but if there were two of me--one of me would almost certainly choose to be a hermit.
    Hey Flake Noir - that's neat - I must have some of that sign in me too - I want to be a hermit (now and then)

I'm a Cancer. The page Flake posted about Cancer seems to be written about me. I think my best trait is I'm a good listener. And it's funny but people tend to spill their guts to me 5 minutes after I meet them! That part about others gravitating to a Cancer seems to be very true for me. It's a good thing my second best trait is that I'm a very good secret keeper. If you tell me not to tell anyone else, It's a done deal. I'm also moody and needy.

What your sign,
    ...Oh MY God!...I can almost smell the "cheese & sleaze" and see the disco ball spinning....

...I am a Virgo...(September 20)...

Virgo is a Mutable Earth sign, ruled by Mercury. As the sixth sign of the zodiac, and the only sign represented by a woman, the Virgo individual is reliable, industrious, intelligent, and practical, adhering to standards that are quite high in virtually all aspects of their lives. The Virgo personality is a complex mix of intelligence, common sense, attention to detail, and commitment. This is a down-to-earth sign with a strong sense of responsibility, especially with regard to family and close friends. Although they are described as orderly and neat. The real stand-out feature of the Virgo personality is their commitment to excellence in everything they do. This is a person who once committed to a given task, will complete it to the very best of his ability. If something goes wrong, and the task is incomplete or not perfectly done, it will be on Virgo's mind for some time to come. Virgos can be quite critical of perceived flaws in others, but do not take kindly to criticism themselves. They are very aware of body and health, and will take a dim view of comments related to the physical, such as weight gain or acne, of which they are already painfully aware. If life becomes too complicated or their already fragile ego is damaged, Virgo may become depressed to the point of immobilization at home, but will probably still function perfectly in the workplace. Virgo tends to be fairly careful with money and usually won't be caught without at least a small nest egg tucked away somewhere.
    Virgo in the workplace is generally a dream come true. These are intelligent, industrious, detail-oriented people who don't mind having superiors and who will be active team members as long as they are provided with the tools needed to do the job correctly. In general, they are routine-oriented, doing their jobs the same way and in the same order day after day, and this shouldn't be interfered with or they will be thrown off balance. Virgo may seem bossy and controlling at work at times, but this is not about ego - they are not striving to be the top dog. Rather, they have an inner clock by which they work, and anyone that interferes is dealt with appropriately according to their Virgo standards. If you have found a romantic partner in Virgo, you have found a classy, intelligent, and witty partner indeed. You may have some trouble landing that Virgo, as they do tend to look before they leap, but when they do take the plunge, they do it with gusto. Once you are in a committed relationship with Virgo, you will have a partner that is willing to work to please you as long as you remember not to step on their sense of routine and order. Virgo doesn't mind you taking the lead, but will buck if you disturb their sense of how things should be around the household. A simple rule of thumb is take care of your Virgo, and your Virgo will take care of you!

...neat and orderly to the point of obsession is me...although with a wife and kids who are much more relaxed about such things...I have learned to let go and just go gnaw on some woodwork somewhere...

I'm a Virgo

Virgo
    August 23 - September 22

Virgo is the sixth sign of the zodiac, to be exact, and that's the way Virgos like it: exacting. Those born under this sign are forever the butt of jokes for being so picky and critical (and they can be), but their 'attention to detail' is for a reason: to help others. Virgos, more than any other sign, were born to serve, and it gives them great joy. They are also tailor-made for the job, since they are industrious, methodical and efficient. The sense of duty borne by these folks is considerable, and it ensures that they will always work for the greater good.

Virgo is represented by the Virgin, although this association should not be taken literally. Rather, Virgos tend to take on some of the qualities of a Virgin, things like modesty and humanity. Some might consider them repressed, although Virgins would argue that it's a noble quality, as opposed to a negative one. Most of all, Virgos enjoy indulging their practical and logical side and poring over their projects to the nth degree. To say these folks are good at fact-finding almost understates the case, since Virgos revel in their exacting (some would argue pedantic) behavior and are a whiz with minutiae. Virgins are an asset in the workplace as they can be counted on to get things right the first time, every time -- and no detail will be overlooked. They are also balanced and fair in their assessments in keeping with the Mutable Quality assigned to this sign.

Virgo is ruled by Mercury, and as portrayed in ancient Roman mythology, Mercury wasn't one to sit still for long. This swift-footed god was a bundle of energy, both physically and mentally, and that pretty much sums up the Virgin's makeup. A Virgo's brain is in overdrive most of the time, which is why these folks get so much done. Those born under this sign are also able communicators and use their mental acuity to maximum advantage. All of this brainpower can make Virgos prone to skepticism, and can even lead to the kind of over-think that surely leads to overkill. Thankfully, though, Virgos are also a studious lot and can temper their worst impulses with a bit of careful analysis. Virgos enjoy studying a situation in great detail, whether it's a work project or a friendship. Virgins are truly interested in understanding things. The bane of many Virgos is the perfectionism that can get in the way of their usual clear thinking. 'I'm not a perfectionist; I'm discriminating!' a Virgo would say, happy in the knowledge that their taste is unparalleled. Along those lines, Virgos are also neat and clean, save for the occasional sloppy Virgin (they do exist). Virgins are also reliable and practical and oh-so-useful to have around.

The Element associated with Virgo is Earth, and in keeping with that, most Virgos are grounded, salt-of-the-earth types. The flash and dash can go to others, since Virgos would much rather be humble and easy-going. That said, Virgins do enjoy material possessions and are (dare we say?) picky about what they bring into their lives. Some might even go as far as calling them self-centered, but it's really more of a desire to surround themselves with what's right -- for them. This knack for discernment also serves Virgos well in business, where their decisions are usually dead-on. Those born under this sign are eminently sensible and use their critical eye well. While Virgos can be worrywarts, they do their best to temper these impulses. However, if this nervousness goes unchecked, it can lead to hypochondria, that ugly skeleton in the Virgo's closet. For that reason, Virgos are extremely health conscious, to the point of being storehouses of information on diet and hygiene. Many Virgos even choose a health or medical career so they won't miss a beat.

Working out is elemental for Virgo, if only so they know intellectually that they're helping themselves physically. See, the benefits of exercise are far more important to Virgo than the process itself. That's why Virgos are likely to time themselves on their runs and get in those 300 sit-ups every day. When it comes to the game of love, Virgos are able to loosen up somewhat and are devoted to their lovers, even if they can be a bit jealous. Since Virgo rules the intestines, worried Virgos need to be wary of bowel upsets. Soothing relief often comes in the way of earth tones, which is why Virgos like to be surrounded by shades of tan and a warm yellow.

The great strength of the Virgo-born is in their practicality, sharp mind and attention to detail. When merged with their willingness to serve, Virgos become essential helpmates. They can be picky -- so what?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast