This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 11/22/63

Default 11/22/63

I would like to see them do the same kind of full season series with 11/22/63 as they are with Under the Dome. Like a lot of SK books, they are too long for a movie or a mini-series to do it justice. It would allow the characters to develope the way SK intended.

Default Re: 11/22/63

...I can see it being optioned that way...

I think thats a great idea. But please could someone make sure we get it in Ireland.

As long as it's better than Under the Dome has been so far, sure, great idea. It'd make an excellent fit for Netflix's model, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Dell White View Post
    I would like to see them do the same kind of full season series with 11/22/63 as they are with Under the Dome. Like a lot of SK books, they are too long for a movie or a mini-series to do it justice. It would allow the characters to develope the way SK intended.
    This is a good suggestion.

I'm glad to see King is back after the lackluster "Under the Dome" book. I still say there was something else going on with that book that perhaps we weren't aware of, what with the flat and stereotypical characters. With 11/22/63, King gets back to character development like only he can do. I realized a long time ago that no matter what King wrote about he'd still be great (and earn the praise of the Constant Readers, if not the stuffy academics) because of the fact that he can paint his characters with that certain streak of humanness that we recognize in everyone around us. From the killer deputy in "The Dead Zone" (slick, slick) to the incredulous restaurant owner in this one.....these are people I can recognize, although not actually identify with, which is the point for King, I think, in showing us.

I will be very happy if the TV serie is make. This year is a good ocasion 'cos is the 50 anniversary of the horrible murder.

Just finished reading the book a few days ago.... I miss the characters!!

A good love story, this. Very sad. The time-travel aspect, although extremely fascinating, is merely a peg to hang that story on. If this is made for TV, I'd prefer Frank Darabont to handle it. He's one of the few directors who actually gets Steve King. Personally, I'd like to see it stay faithful to the book.

I think that's a good idea to make 11/22/63 a full-season series, especially with its length and with the 50th anniversary being in 2014. And I agree: it would allow more time for character development and would increase likelihood of including all (or most) of the material from the book.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast