Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
For those who no longer post...or newbies who wont

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For those who no longer post...or newbies who wont

Smile For those who no longer post...or newbies who wont

Hi again.
    I`m back here since yesterday, due to some "magical" slip up on my PC or who knows where or what..I just know I haven`t been able to post here for a very long time.
    And this is my home, this is SK`s msg board..this is THE Ka-Tet, this is us.
    I seem to notice that many people are missing...and also that the atmosphere is not the same.
    Mostly not.

I can tell you this: Today I told my wife how happy I am to able to post again with educated, civilized, knowledgeable readers.
    A smart bunch of people, like smart out the universe, off the charts.
    How different it is posting on FB or any other site and then come home and actually read something SMART!
    Something only a Constant Reader has..of King`s work or anybody else`s who is worth a schmitt.

Go on, have the same fate like me, or do it deliberately...hang out on FaceBook ( not that it`s a bad thing, it`s good for many things, just not for the ones we live for ), don`t post here for 6 months or so, forget about this site.
    Circle a date on your calendar when you are gonna come back...and do it, find any possible way to get back here.
    Read...read. read...and post FOR ONE DAY ONLY.
    You WILL see how big the difference is....

I told my wife an hour ago or so ...." Milla, do you have any idea how it is to be back home, talking with the SMART people again? The ones who UNDERSTAND? Wow..it`s a dream!"

So, go on, leave this place and try to get this kind of wisdom, if you wish.
    I can tell you in advance...don`t waste your time.

This is the best there ever was.
    You guys are G O L D.
    And I`m very happy I found you ...again.
    Last edited by Srbo; July 15th, 2013 at 05:06 PM.

Default Re: For those who no longer post...or newbies who wont

AWSS. Beautifully stated.
    And it's people like you, Srbo (as well as the ever vigilant eyes of Marsha and her awesome team of moderators) who help keep this board a special place! Welcome back, brother.

This place has been my second home since before 2000. Yep, I'm an oldie. The world moves on, but the SKMB stays- the format may change and poor Jordan deals with gremlin with each change. MsMod is our guiding light- she's the one who hollers us home-- and many are making that journey as I write. Brian gives us awesome games to play. Tests our SK knowledge to the max. And Uncle Steve gave us the best playground in the universe!!
    Friendships are made here. Members come and go-- Life gets in the way of life, but in the long run-- that candle in the Cantina is always there.
    No other place on this planet exist such as the SKMB. It is Ka and we are Ka-Tet.
    Not a fan of FB, so I miss tet-mates who drift there. Again, the world moves on and they came back to us.

Welcome back, Srbo. Love and green lights!

I haven't been here in a while either. But of course, I've been MIA on FB for a long while as well. I've had my own personal dramas going on over the last several months. Now that I'm back here, I seem to be feeling better. I love the lightheartedness on SKMB.

Glad to see you back home again.

I went walkies for awhile, very much on purpose. There's a lot to love about this place, but sometimes even one person can make it not worthwhile to visit. At least for awhile. In many wonderful ways, the place is the same. There are so many familiar faces, kind words and feeling of family that make me so very happy I came back. One or two things haven't changed, I'm sorry to see, but my outlook about them has. A bit.
    All in all, I'm glad I came back.
    I'm glad you did too.

Once again,very well said,Srbo..think I was just joining round about the time you went on,as somebody said above,walkabout,the crocodile Dundee reference,where folks just say adios for a while..but I enjoyed your posts when I first joined here,and am glad you are back..am on fb as well,and while I love my friends from here,there and everywhere,the sad truth is not many people are readers,which to me,translates to thinkers..not looking down on fb,just saying,the folks here are witty,intelligent,and know their stuff,sk wise..and with ms mod running the show,and the cool, calm, sweet presence of spidey,why this cannot be beat..(here is a little pooh for spidey..)

Srbo - thanks for starting this thread! I haven't posted much in quite awhile, due to some health issues and a new grandbaby, and I can tell you I've missed the board. Glad to see you are back too - I've always liked reading your posts. You have a huge heart and as for as long as I can remember, you've been a big part of why I enjoy coming here.

...so who the hell is this Srbo, and why is he such a witty, urbane, charming and loving fellow???....

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...so who the hell is this Srbo, and why is he such a witty, urbane, charming and loving fellow???....
    Must be hes a natural!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast