Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
The Dark Tower Companion coming soon!

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: The Dark Tower Companion coming soon!

Default The Dark Tower Companion coming soon!

I was psyched to see Cemetery Dance is releasing a limited edition of The Dark Tower Companion, signed by Bev Vincent! I went ahead and pre-ordered as soon as I heard about it. I've already read (and re-read) my copy of Bev's "The Road To the Dark Tower" to tatters, so it will be cool to have this completely new (and much larger) book! If you're not already a Dark Tower junkie, these books will turn you into one! Anyway, even if you don't want to spring for the signed limited edition, a regular edition will also be released, I think on April 2nd.

Default Re: The Dark Tower Companion coming soon!

I got an email yesterday from Cemetery Dance that has me really pumped up about this new edition Dark Tower Companion book! Here's a blurb from the author Bev Vincent...

"...it covers just about everything related to the series, but is much less analytic than The Road to the Dark Tower. You can safely read much of it without being "spoiled." If you can't remember who a certain character is or in what book(s) they appeared, you can easily find that information. It's also the first book to address the Marvel adaptations and their place in the mythos. It's full of interviews, too--including one with King. I also interviewed Ron Howard and Akiva Goldsman about their plans for the movie and they were very revealing."

I checked the CD site for my order status but it doesn't have a release date yet (at least that I could find). It just says "forthcoming". Anyone know when this might be released?

Quote Originally Posted by fushingfeef View Post
    Anyone know when this might be released?
    No clue, but you can bank on it being months later than whatever CD originally said it would be. They produce quality books, but they have serious issues when it comes to producing on schedule.

CD is always slow. Somethings i have waited for a year to receive. And new releases never come right away. I buy a copy at wal-mart or somewhere,I always have my book read before I get it.