This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What should I read next?

Default What should I read next?

Ok folks, I'm nearing the end of The Tommyknockers, so it has come time once again to pick the next read. Here are my options: Under the Dome, Hater-by David Moody, Cujo, and 11/22/.

As a side note, I do have one short story to finish reading before I begin my next journey, but that won't take long.

Let me know what ya think!

Default Re: What should I read next?

I'd suggest 11/22/63.

John

I'd go with UTD.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunted View Post
    I'd go with UTD.
    X2!

Cujo. Interested in your thoughts on The Tommyknockers, Chuggs.

I'd go with Under the Dome, though I have not read it myself yet But from this list I would pick this book.

Thanks all! Will probably go with Cujo, since it is a quicker read. Shoesalesman, I didn't like the Tommyknockers at first, but as I near its end, it is growing on me. I guess I won't know for sure 'till I finish.

I still have not read Cujo, but I am sure I remember reading that he was so wasted on drink and drugs that he had no recolection of writing it. Is that a myth?

Cujo seems to be quite popular so it shouldn't be a bad choice, although 11/22/63 was a superb book - my 2nd fave behind IT, so I would always recomend that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nameless View Post
    I still have not read Cujo, but I am sure I remember reading that he was so wasted on drink and drugs that he had no recolection of writing it. Is that a myth?

Cujo seems to be quite popular so it shouldn't be a bad choice, although 11/22/63 was a superb book - my 2nd fave behind IT, so I would always recomend that.
    Thanks. No matter which one I choose of Sai King's books, I'm sure it will be good. I've heard good things about Moody's Hater as well. I think, however, that I'll not choose Hater because it is book one of a series, and to be honest, I don't currently have the funds to buy the next two books, and I like to read series one after the other.

Cujo is an excellent choice. Not too long, but genuinely creepy. Never mind the myth of being written in a drink and drug haze. Misery was suggested in another advice thread and thats a good one, too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast