This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: Steve's Quick Reads

Default Steve's Quick Reads

Hey everyone!
    Every year I spend a week at the beach with my family. Usually, I read about 3 books during the week (which is a high number for me). Usually they're quick reads (like the TrueBlood novels).

This summer I started getting into Stephen King novels and was wondering if he has any "quick reads" that I can get through in a day or two. For the most part, I'm an average reader, but for that week I spend most of my day reading so I read a bit faster.

So, any recommendations on good novels to read next week?

Default Re: Steve's Quick Reads

Quote Originally Posted by Andyy View Post
    Hey everyone!
    Every year I spend a week at the beach with my family. Usually, I read about 3 books during the week (which is a high number for me). Usually they're quick reads (like the TrueBlood novels).

This summer I started getting into Stephen King novels and was wondering if he has any "quick reads" that I can get through in a day or two. For the most part, I'm an average reader, but for that week I spend most of my day reading so I read a bit faster.

So, any recommendations on good novels to read next week?
    You could try: Joyland, The Dark Half, The dead Zone, Misery or maybe a book of shorts? Have a look through the StephenKing.com Library, lots of great choices in there.

Enjoy your vacation.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Joyland should be at the top of your list. Misery is a good short one. Also, Carrie, The Long Walk or The Running Man.

Or just pick up the Mega-awesome Full Dark No Stars and you will find 4 great novellas.

Joyland, Colorado Kid, The Girl Who Loves Tom Gordan, Cycle of the Werewolf, Thinner. Any of the collection books. Have a safe and fun vacation.

I would suggest Different Seasons, Nightmares and Dreamscapes, Thinner, and Carrie.

Blockade Billy/Morality would take about an hour and still give you the creeps.

...quick reads huh?....how about "Cujo-the Rabies Years"?.....

Andyy, I am in a similar situation, I usually spend a week with my family and usually I take some book that I can read quick usually I take something from the Charmed series, they are rather silly, but easy to read... I have never tried to take there SK book, as first, I prefer to read them alone, when no one interferes with me. And second, they are rather heavy, and I have to bring the book to the beach every day But still, if I were choosing a SK book, I would pick some short stories collection, for example, Night Shift.

Different Seasons, Sold as 4 novellas in one cover. With this the one book will cover your your need.