Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Child's name Messiah.......

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Child's name Messiah.......

Default Child's name Messiah.......

It is not allowed according to this court ruling. Thoughts on this case? I cannot believe that the judge could make a decision like this. Seems kind of weird. I imagine the name is not an easy one to grow up with, but legally?

http://news.yahoo.com/tenn-judge-cha...215423538.html

Default Re: Child's name Messiah.......

I don't know how to respond to this. What happened to "real names"

My father was Joseph. My Mother, Mary. no kiddin

I ended up with Nadine.

Say sorry, My name is Kathleen, In case you all want to know.

I don't think names should be up to a judge, however.
    Last edited by not_nadine; August 11th, 2013 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by not_nadine View Post

I agree with you, Nadine. How could a judge tell you what you can or can't name your own child. With-in reason I guess. Man, this is difficult. I remember years back when someone tried to name their child the name of a sexually transmitted disease, they weren't allowed to, which I thought right. Man, I just don't know. People get named Jesus all of the time. So, I'm not sure what the problem is, unless of course the parents actually think the child is the Messiah...even then, we all have a right to religion.

I think the parents are the ones to decide. What about Mohammad? What about the name Jesus in Mexico? What a headache. What about if this couple were not Christians? None of the judges beewax really.

Quote Originally Posted by not_nadine View Post
    I don't know how to respond to this. What happened to "real names"

My father was Joseph. My Mother, Mary. no kiddin

I ended up with Nadine.

Say sorry, My name is Kathleen, In case you all want to know.

I prefer old biblical names...that is my personal taste.

The children will have to live with it. Gosh, how many strange names come from the 60's.

The problem is that the names, get "Dated"

agree.

With much love to our beloved Shasta.

Really think it is not fair for the judge to choose the babys name.

...to me, it's the same as taking the Lord's name in vain...I agree with the judge saying that only one person has "earned" that nom de plume, but to bring the gavel down on it-I can't agree...

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Almost makes me want to sire progeny in Tennessee, them holy rollin' bible thumpin' American Taliban sumbitchs would end throwin' me in the pokey for hereticin', or burn 'me at the stake.
    'Lu Ann Ball-U', yeah how ya like those little green apples, I can give ya name game problems at the drop of my hat, grow a mass of grey matter already, would ya, Jackassette.
    Remember this, that there part of the world, it's got a whole lot of 'the old time religion', makes Monkey Trial Tennessee seem almost fallen Catholic...yeah yeah so that might be stretchin' it, maybe more like plain ol' vanilla Southern Baptists.
    Lotta serpent appreciation goin' on in & around that zip code is what I'm sayin', but rest easy, they can 'handle' it, fundamentally one might say...uh-huh you got it, it's a nutty fruitcakey kinda thing...eh eh, no anti-venom for you, oh no that wouldn't do, nah we gotta make sure that ol' timey lord & savior invisible guy, and his zombie kiddo o' course, believes in ya all righteous like.
    Yeah tell me what I can and cannot name a child of mine what sprung from MY loins, and maybe especially in the honor of Your freakin' religion, and by god then name it for me...oh my brother & sisters, we'd have a holy war, I would go absolutely berserk.
    I'm deathly serious, I'm shaking right now I'm so pissed off, and it ain't even my brat...now I ever find myself with a Pat bastid in the oven down that way, I'ma name it, 'Omnipotent Master Of The Entire ing Universe' 'So Shove It' 'In The Hat' jr.

Holy stroked, I think our personalized family Christmas cards just got a tad more expensive, perhaps I should consider somethin' a bit more acronymy.
    I'm so tired of this holier than thou, you best be lovin' our deity, waayyyy un American, unconscionably stupid, and not just a little dangerous, let's go with crap, I say 'em!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast