Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Under the Dome of Corporate Greed

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Under the Dome of Corporate Greed

Default Under the Dome of Corporate Greed

Mr King

'The pink stars are falling'...as will the ratings on your TV series. If you don't believe me, take a look at what fans are saying online (comments section): http://www.deadline.com/2013/08/rati...nja-warrior-up

We feel duped. You show us a close-ended miniseries. We get excited. Ratings shoot through the roof. Now it's a continuing series? Really? Way to sell out.

What if your son, Joe Hill, changed his mind about wrapping up LOCKE & KEY? 'Two more issues? Ha! Just kidding, guys. We've decided to drag it out for another 6 arcs. What d'you think?'

Note: If this post comes off a vitriol, it's only because I was excited by what I'd seen so far. Finally, something good on TV, I thought. Alas, just another money-making machine for a bunch of suits, who don't give a hoot about storytelling.

Default Re: Under the Dome of Corporate Greed

(1) The only people who feel "duped" are the people who were too ignorant to pay attention. Those people knew all along that it wasn't a miniseries. Complaining about that is like complaining that you got a speeding ticket because you had your eyes closed when you drove past the speed-limit sign.

(2) Joe Hill wouldn't do that to Locke & Key unless he had a good reason to do so. So if he did, I'd be thrilled. Because, like, I trust him.

(3) If you're excited by what you've seen so far, why in God's name would you not be excited for a second season?!?

(4) You do know that television is a business, right? Every show that's ever been made for a network was designed to be a "money-making machine for a bunch of suits." Like a show or don't like it, but don't complain about it because it's designed to make money, because they all all.

Quote Originally Posted by PennywiseSurprise View Post
    Note: If this post comes off a vitriol, it's only because I was excited by what I'd seen so far. Finally, something good on TV, I thought. Alas, just another money-making machine for a bunch of suits, who don't give a hoot about storytelling.
    It certainly does come off as vitriol and for a new member to come to this forum and spew such negativity is just rude.
    Also, what do you think TV, book publishing, movies, etc. are? Businesses that are intended to make money!!!

I'll pass on checking the link you reference.

Quote Originally Posted by bryantburnette View Post
    because they all all.
    They all *are*.

Got visited by the typo gnome again.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunted View Post
    I'll pass on checking the link you reference.
    No need to visit it. It's supposed evidence of how the ratings are going to fall. But the ratings are holding quite steady, and this despite there being a huge (and hugely publicized) CBS blackout by one of the country's largest cable companies.

So there's no real need to worry about the ratings; they're fine. Unsurprisingly, the o.p. doesn't know what he's talking about.

Nah. You just can't write.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by PennywiseSurprise View Post
    Nah. You just can't write.
    I can write. I just struggle with proofreading once in a while.

Regardless, I can certainly read. For example, I can read articles that clearly state that a television series is designed to continue to a second season when and if the first season proves to be successful. That saves me from looking like a moron by complaining about a show getting a second season when that possibility was always in the cards.

So I've got one up on you there, at least.

First of all... well first of all I had to look up the word vitriol lol sooooo... Second of all, I don't feel duped. I don't feel like it was a bait and switch. I feel happy the story will continue past one season and I feel like we had fair warning

PLUS! Since the series is so much different than the novel, maybe there's a good chance of a movie that follows the book more closely in the near future

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast