Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Syria

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Syria

Default Syria

Default Re: Syria

I tried to think of a comment but cannot come up with one. Stuff like this is making me brain dead.

It's hard to know what to say or feel. On the one hand, you want to stop the killing of the innocent without question. On the other, the last thing in the world we all need or want is another Iraq or Afghanistan.

Well, no one else is going to try to stop Assad! If I were Obama, I wouldn't want the use of chemical weapons and the murder of potentially thousands staining my hands. He's already skated up to the line he himself drew in the sand: the "moving about and use of chemical weapons".

Here's a gem I picked up on...please note the U.S. Congress is in recess and is expected back on the Hill after Labor Day:

the British prime minister called Parliament back from vacation and said it would take a vote Thursday on action

-The b*tching and moaning would be deafening if Obama were to call Congress back from its month-long August holiday.

That's no lie, Lily! Several Congress Critters sent a letter to Pres. Obama on Tuesday asking him to do just that so that any action can be properly debated and decided on. But my question is: if it's that important, why can't Congress drag it's own assemblage of lazy butts back to the Capitol?

As for what to do... I'm with Out of Order. What a terrible decision to have to make. I hope that the U.N. won't leave us high and dry.
    The treasure of a life is a measure of love and respect/The way you live, the gifts that you give/In the fullness of time/It's the only return that you expect

...my biggest concern is that's where my boy will get dropped when he finishes his basic training...

I am sure Assad would love to send his army of eastern lunatics to our play ground. If nothing is done, next time it could be a few hundred American civilians or another embassy. Remember we have two 911 attacks now.

The fact that Obama wants to attack, tells me this is serious and maybe we should let Western leaders do their job. France is ready, and so is Britain. I think we should intervene. Only because I am scared of eastern radicals. Maybe I don't have the facts straight, but I am with Obama on this one. And honestly, I think he is a horrible president (I hope nobody cusses me out for that). But If our president says military enforcement is a necessary, I will support his decision. We are the United States, but right now I feel we are divided.

This is an interesting piece by a Canadian journalist.....

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2013/08/2...risis-in-syria

The British aren't on board, actually. Parliament decided to take a "wait and see" position, which I agree with.

I don't think Assad would be stupid enough to attack us or any of our embassies. The attacks we've already suffered were not from any government or even a rogue regime. They were all - and I am including the embassies, etc. that were attacked under Bush, so I don't want to hear any Benghazi BS, please - from either Al Queda or small groups of crazies, even individuals.

As it stands right now, I think we should wait until the U.N. inspectors complete their investigation and submit a report.
    The treasure of a life is a measure of love and respect/The way you live, the gifts that you give/In the fullness of time/It's the only return that you expect

I agree with you Tery, I'd wait for the UN report too.

Here's an interesting interactive map on where countries stand on Syria:

http://www.theguardian.com/news/data...ve-map-stances

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast