Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
I was wondering............

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: I was wondering............

Question I was wondering............

I was wondering if young folks and not so young folks,in Bangor, are now sorta scared of the standpipe and the Paul statue since Uncle Steve wrote IT? I have to say, I would not want to spend an evening sitting by the Standpipe after reading that story lol.

Default Re: I was wondering............

Quote Originally Posted by staropeace View Post
    I was wondering if young folks and not so young folks,in Bangor, are now sorta scared of the standpipe and the Paul statue since Uncle Steve wrote IT? I have to say, I would not want to spend an evening sitting by the Standpipe after reading that story lol.
    I think it would be expected that since IT was published most Bangor residents cannot avoid seeing the standpipe, the Bunyan, and other aspects of the town forever differently. I would also predict that certain individuals would find some of those places no longer approachable, at least if those folks are alone or it's nighttime.

Let us hope so.....

I bet the teen/young (drunk) adult population often use some of the landmarks for some pretty ballsy truth, dare and promise games.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

But... IT took place in Derry, not Bangor...

Some of the Konners, or Konvicts who had been there told stories of hanging out at the standpipe late in the night.

...it's like any "townie" I imagine...most have been around it their whole lives, and it's kinda "meh" to them...others with overactive imaginations probably avoid it like homework in the Summer...

Quote Originally Posted by nate_watkins View Post
    But... IT took place in Derry, not Bangor...

Some of the Konners, or Konvicts who had been there told stories of hanging out at the standpipe late in the night.
    I am willing to believe there has been a few Halloween dares with the offering being the Standpipe.

I would think they would be places sought out by fans of the story. I know if I were in the area, I would look for them so I could place them into the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunted View Post
    I would think they would be places sought out by fans of the story. I know if I were in the area, I would look for them so I could place them into the story.
    Same for me. If I was in the area I'd love to see some of the sites. The same goes for the locations used in 11.22.63. Time to start saving my pennies.

Quote Originally Posted by staropeace View Post
    I am willing to believe there has been a few Halloween dares with the offering being the Standpipe.
    . I guess some of the Skeemers hung out at the standpipe. Folks who've been in the area before.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunted View Post
    That's why the tour came in handy! Now I gotta re-read the books! The standpipe is just around the corner from King's house.