Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Donor Babies.

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: Donor Babies.

Default Donor Babies.

Good evening.

May you all be well.

"Donor Babies".

Donor babies, from what I can gather, are children who were conceived for the main purpose to to donate an organ(s) to a sib that are in dire straits in need of a kidney, lung or heart valves, etc.

The parents are not interested (?) in having more children yet, they deliberately choose to have another child in the hope that the baby will be a transplant donor to their ailing/dying child.

Get it?

A couple has a child that needs a kidney, liver, heart valve(s) and they are rare and almost impossible to acquire so they get pregnant with another child to harvest the the needed organs.

I appreciate your thoughts and opinion(s) on this matter.

Peace.
    Last edited by Sigmund; October 18th, 2013 at 11:05 PM.

Default Re: Doner Babies.

It seems there are a multitude of legal (what if the organ being "harvested" were a heart, meaning the death of the "donor") and moral issues raised by this scenario.

Reminds me of that book "Never Let Me Go", with the kids raised for that very purpose. Although they weren't relatives of the person receiving the donation.

Personally, I think it's wrong and disturbing.

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Back in the day before all our mega media visual stimuli keep us amused, "oddities", and all manner if "wonders" and curious "curiosities", would often foot that particularly peculiar need we have, to be entertained, that is.
    And one of those odd things that satisfied that need most curiously were the ubiquitous, Pickled Punks, which were mostly miscarried fetuses preserved in big jars and put on display in sideshows, travelling 'museums', medicine shows and such (ain't no bidness likes showbidness).
    I'd suggest we bring that style of high quality educational fun fun fun for the whole family entertainment back, first we'll need some big ol' "parent" sized jars...............

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund View Post

The parents are not interested (?) in having more children yet, they deliberately choose to have another child in the hope that the baby will be a transplant donor to their ailing/dying child.

Peace.

Not wanting to plan a child yet is not the same as not waiting a child. And the reason for not wanting a child right now might be because they are so busy with a deathly ill child.

honestly, I think having a baby to harvest an organ is wrong.....but I would do anything to save my child.

Of course, once the child was old enough....would I be willing to put that younger child at risk with unnecessary (for him/her) surgery? I don't think I could go through with it.

I think I was at the tail end of this side show oddity stuff, although I think it might be making a comeback. At least my state stopped allowing them with the traveling carnivals. I went into the oddities tent one time, and I hated it.

The one I remember most was looking at the "fat" lady. She was big, yes. But not unusually so and I felt such shame standing there looking at her and her looking back. And people were talking about her like she couldn't hear. I was deeply disturbed by the atmosphere and the crowd mentality and I never went in another one that had actual live people on display.

I don't fault anyone in a sideshow making a living. But it does disgust me that man's inhumanity to man is alive and well. And I was disappointed in myself that I was part of the gawking crowd.

Sorry, I sort of went off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by PatInTheHat View Post
    Back in the day before all our mega media visual stimuli keep us amused, "oddities", and all manner if "wonders" and curious "curiosities", would often foot that particularly peculiar need we have, to be entertained, that is.
    And one of those odd things that satisfied that need most curiously were the ubiquitous, Pickled Punks, which were mostly miscarried fetuses preserved in big jars and put on display in sideshows, travelling 'museums', medicine shows and such (ain't no bidness likes showbidness).
    I'd suggest we bring that style of high quality educational fun fun fun for the whole family entertainment back, first we'll need some big ol' "parent" sized jars...............
    Last edited by Dana Jean; October 19th, 2013 at 09:02 AM.
    "You've been here before, but things are about to change. I know it. I feel it. There's a storm on the way." -- Stephen King

Default Re: Donor Babies.

...no you didn't, it's still inhumane...

Default Re: Donor Babies.

I don't think that is a good thing to do. That's just cruel and unfair. If they do not need another child without any reasons for it, that means that they just do not need him/her. Just imagine, this child grows up and he gets to know that he was born only in order to help his sibling. How would you feel? I doubt that is fair for this child. That is just cruel.