Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Does Stephen paint himself?/His interest in painting in later works.

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Stephen paint himself?/His interest in painting in later works.

Default Does Stephen paint himself?/His interest in painting in later works.

I was wondering this because in later works he comes back to painting a lot, it seems like a particular interest.

'Rose Madder', 'Road Virus Heads North', 'Stationary Bike', 'Duma Key'. Maybe I'm forgetting some...

Does he paint? Collect paintings? What started this obsession?

Or is it nothing more than that he enjoys stories about paintings coming alive as he wrote somewhere in an afterword.

I couldn't find a thread about it, sorry if it was already mentioned.

Default Re: Does Stephen paint himself?/His interest in painting in later works.

That's a wonderful question . . .I never thought of that. I don't think it's ever been asked.

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Default Re: Does Stephen paint himself?/His interest in painting in later works.

Yeah okay I can see it...

Not sure I really wanted to but ~gulp~ yeah, yeah I can see it...thinkin' he might wanna go with a one piece....could be maybe eat a cheeseburger or two, I dunno

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald
    I was wondering this because in later works he comes back to painting a lot, it seems like a particular interest.

'Rose Madder', 'Road Virus Heads North', 'Stationary Bike', 'Duma Key'. Maybe I'm forgetting some...

Does he paint? Collect paintings? What started this obsession?

Or is it nothing more than that he enjoys stories about paintings coming alive as he wrote somewhere in an afterword.

I couldn't find a thread about it, sorry if it was already mentioned.
    I think I remember Marsha mentioning at one point him saying that he doesn't have an artistic bone in his body... something like that?
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

...only when he points the spray can in the wrong direction.....owee, owee, owee-yer gonna put yer eye out with that thing!...

Maybe it was the next logical step? He's written about writing a lot, time for another form of expressing yourself on paper.

This is one of those questions you really want to ask him yourself, and probably only he can really answer it.
    Time for the next Q and A!

Seems like there are various doodles and the like that appear in Stephen's books that he's done himself?

Quote Originally Posted by Ebdim9th View Post
    Seems like there are various doodles and the like that appear in Stephen's books that he's done himself?
    Good point.

I wondered about that. I suppose they are. I can't ever find someone else credited.

I was just thinking that King is mostly one of those writers who writes about what he knows (teaching, writing), or at least as a basis for a lot of characters.
    So that leads you to thinking he might have taken up a brush.

But he said the painting from Road Virus he actually owned, maybe it just set him off to write about other ones as well.

I must say Ive only seen SK in beige-but his beard/hair used to be black....
    I think someone once posted that he dabbled but strictly for himself---heck I don't know

For the most part, I think, artist understand one another...and yes, an author is an artist...so writing about a painter or a musician or another author, etc. would almost be like looking inward.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast