Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Just After Sunset. What do you guys think of it - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Just After Sunset. What do you guys think of it

Default Re: Just After Sunset. What do you guys think of it

OK - I love this book and just finished the story "The Things They Left Behind" and I have to say that it really rattled me. Anyone else get that feeling?

Hello fans of the king

in a word awsome

The book was great and some of the stories in it really stayed on with me. I think that's the best thing about books of short stories - you get plenty of different stories and can change scenes and characters in a flick of 10 pages.

I loved this book - and I have to agree with the other poster who said it was a breath of fresh air after Liseys Story.

Especially loved the Gingerbread Girl - which I think could have been expanded into a great novel..........and could make a great movie!

Liseys Story was too "off the wall" for me - too much gunky stuff and bools .........but it would be boring if we all liked the same wouldnt it!

read it a bit ago. Willa Stuck out

because of the illusion of a False life. makes me wonder "is this all an illusion?"
    oh and it involves a train

Gingerbread Girl not so much

Rest stop was good

Stationary Bike Creeped me out...I had started exersising when i started reading that story, that kinda hung with me

The Things they left behind:deffinatly not left behind in my memory, it was a good one, gave me the 'bumps that chattery teeth, and Dolans Cadilac can do.

Graduation Afternoon freaked me out because

it could happen anyday and I was listening to a repeat of Jericho

N.The dark tower reference was creepy

The Cat From Hell:spooked me out, because I am a cat lover

the New york Times at special Bargain rates:interesting to think that might have happened i

n those days after 9-11

Mute:interesting, but lost interest
    Ayana: why would anyone like the pirates
    A Very tight place: did not read it yet

all and all, 8 out of 10 For a book. better then eventual, But not as good as Nightmares and Dreamscapes.

If you were looking for some scare you sh**less horror, this is the wrong book. However, these were some amazingly well written stories, with some good dabs of horror thrown in. Willa, N., The Things They Left Behind, Graduation Afternoon, and Ayana are some of the best short stories I've ever read. Definitely a worthy read, I give it an A++, and the writing never fails to amaze me, Sir King. I'm about to pee my pants waiting for Under the Dome, I know it'll do much more than live up to the standards of us all.

I think I must be the only person in the world that doesn't like this book AT ALL! I hated it, I really did, I mean out of all the stories in the book maybe only 2 or 3 at most really stuck out for me. The rest was average, or rubbish. I think though I always preferred the old King so maybe this new stuff just isn't for me! Yet to read Liseys story/Blaze and Cell though so am undecided on that point. But no, I didnt like this one at all.

This is the one story collection I missed but now have the chance to read ,Could you recommend it?

Quote Originally Posted by Denise Marsden View Post
    This is the one story collection I missed but now have the chance to read ,Could you recommend it?
    Hi,

Yes, very much (and the UK paperback apparently has a taster for UtD as well).

Long days and pleasant nights

I just read this one in June. I loved it. I've read Stationary Bike in another collection, but enjoyed reading it in this collection. "N" scared me. I thought it was really creepy. An area of the woods that I think was in this demention and in the next at the same time, maybe?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast