This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Word Processor Of the Gods

Default Re: Word Processor Of the Gods

Assuming that deleting something would not change the course of things, I'd like to get rid of hatred and intolerance. I would then insert kindness and understanding and the ability to embrace differences. Oh, and I'd love to delete Twitter and the media's love of creating cutsy couple names like "Brangelina" and such.

I myself would delte Monday mornings.

Quote Originally Posted by motocop View Post
    I agree with what someone else said, about not knowing what your deleting might cause. It could start a chain reaction that might suck the world into a black hole or something. Getting rid of crime and disease sounds good in theory, but can you imagine how over populated the earth would be if no one ever got murdered in wars or died of diseases? I know its a terrible thing to say but think about how bad world hunger would get then. It like that terrible movie with Ashton Kutcher, the Butterfly Effect. One deletion leads to the increase of something else bad. Unless it deletes Ashton Kutcher, then I guess its worth it.
    I would delete any chain reaction resulting from the deletion of crime and disease and murder and wars and world hunger and Ashton Kutcher. No wait...

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    I would delete any chain reaction resulting from the deletion of crime and disease and murder and wars and world hunger and Ashton Kutcher. No wait...
    Yeah then its like the pie equation. A never ending spiral of bizarro Ashtons, who seek out and marry all the older women of the world and all the channels on tv would play 70s show reruns. See, word processor just ended out race as intelligent beings.

hunger,hate,anger and jealousy

i would like to say that i would delete all sorts of nasties from the world but knowing my luck and computer skills it would lock up on me and while i was clicking merrily to get it back delete myself!!

nicolas cage would be on my hit list tho

The thing that bugged me about the story is how much unexplored potential it had. Seems quite evident to me that the typewriter did more then just delete things or else it wouldn't of brought back his umm, ex-wifes picture on the wall. Unless that only happened because it preexisted, yet there is no saying if that is the case since the damned machine broke down before he got anywhere near creative with it!

Anyways I would probably delete all but 10,000 and all the garbage we've created in terms industrial history, rid us of our worse impulses, write in a Utopian society in which our most despicable of habits have been weeded out and we share an egalitarian balance with the nature we are a part of.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Quote Originally Posted by aptpupil View Post
    Just for fun, I would like to invite the forum members to come up with ideas regarding what they would delete from this world if they had their own "Word Processor Of The Gods"
    Daylight Savings Time

I would very quickly type "Ghaddafi". And then I guess thousands of people would disappear because the name probably is not unique. Thatīt the problem with power - you need information and intelligence to use it

Today, I would delete that announcement about who the actors are going to be for the DT series.
    Not a funny joke (I hope, please)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast